Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti-spam

Posted by LOLDSFAN 
Anti-spam
September 07, 2008 11:57PM

Anti-spam software on this server has detected that your message might be spam. You are still allowed to post this message, but it will not be visible in the forums until a moderator approves it. You can now try to re-submit your posting.

So I posted a post and it shot this at me...So how does the filter work?
Re: Anti-spam
September 07, 2008 11:58PM
Same thing happened to me once to. Post never got posted in the end either.
September 08, 2008 01:51AM
The spam filter usually activates if you make two posts in quick succession. If you get that message, just wait a while and hit post again.
February 17, 2009 11:09PM
I just got it as well, says mod has to approve it...But im going to follow tona's advice and repost in a few minutes...

EDIT:
So i reposted it and both got posted, so I assume it got approved. (for those others that read this)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 11:14PM by ninjafish1990.
February 21, 2009 03:26PM
This happens to me too. Sorry for the trouble I give to mods. =P
February 21, 2009 03:36PM
I think this may be caused by how fast you type, how quickly you post, or what you post. DanielHueho: I believe your reffering to the fact it thought you posting your computer specs were spam? If you are (again, I'm assuming this because I just approved your comment) a post with a lot of different brand names does kind of sound like spam, doesn't it?

Anyways, its no trouble to the mods when this happens, it only takes one click to approve a comment and we even get links to unapproved comments on the main page (in big bold red too). We try to make sure we approve your comments as quickly as possible so we apologise for any delay of crucial information being posted.
February 22, 2009 03:06AM
Arikado
I think this may be caused by how fast you type, how quickly you post, or what you post. DanielHueho: I believe your reffering to the fact it thought you posting your computer specs were spam? If you are (again, I'm assuming this because I just approved your comment) a post with a lot of different brand names does kind of sound like spam, doesn't it?

Anyways, its no trouble to the mods when this happens, it only takes one click to approve a comment and we even get links to unapproved comments on the main page (in big bold red too). We try to make sure we approve your comments as quickly as possible so we apologise for any delay of crucial information being posted.
I get hit by it all the time, I think one of my posts might have not been approved, but they are normally pretty readily approved during day hours, in the night they seem to not get approved as fast.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login