Re: Request for new mods
August 13, 2009 05:53AM
Request Denied
August 14, 2009 12:44AM
What ever happened to my request? I was under the assumption it was approved....

Arikado
ninjafish1990
I would be happy to help since the request is still open.
What sections are you interested in?
September 16, 2009 03:16AM
Are bg4545 and daniel_c_w still going to become mods?
September 16, 2009 07:39AM
I'd be happy to jump into the mod staff, I'd be willing to moderate this whole board. Generally I don't sit on the IRC, but I'm more than willing to start. I generally spend a good deal of time on here refreshing and whatnot, just wishing for new posts =)
September 16, 2009 02:22PM
I think I've proven that I know what I am doing and that I am here a lot. I would like to provide asistance in the moderation field as much as possible. It would be my pleasure to moderate this entire forum.
September 16, 2009 05:10PM
I'd like to become a Mod. Any forum that you think is "understaffed". I refresh the page looking for new posts a lot like cactusjack too. :-)

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't fill requirement 2.

EDIT: and now I do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 06:04PM by metroid_maniac.
September 16, 2009 09:11PM
Apparently I was not the only one that was permitted to be a mod and then it never happened, sorry no offence but, there are a few people above you on the list.
September 16, 2009 09:54PM
ninjafish1990
Apparently I was not the only one that was permitted to be a mod and then it never happened, sorry no offence but, there are a few people above you on the list.
None taken. I just want to help out the WIibrew community. If there's anything else I meed to do, just ask :-).
September 16, 2009 09:56PM
I second that. :P
September 16, 2009 10:22PM
ninjafish1990
Apparently I was not the only one that was permitted to be a mod and then it never happened

Ehm, Arikado never told you what his decision was. You were never permitted to be one in the first place.

And maniac, I think you'd be a good mod! :D

No offense topgun, but i think you and i aren't far enough along yet. :P
September 16, 2009 10:24PM
Really? Oh, and thanks for calling me maniac :-) I visit the forums a lot, yeah.
September 16, 2009 10:47PM
WaxyPumpkin72

No offense topgun, but i think you and i aren't far enough along yet. :P

True. (but i seem to be very active here)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 10:47PM by TopGun96.
November 07, 2009 09:23PM
So, now you're an admin arikado, can you make a mod or two? If so, you gonna?
November 07, 2009 10:10PM
Yeah, are you gonna make one of us a mod? (slips Arikado a £5 note) lol
November 07, 2009 10:44PM
First things first: Yes, I have the ability to appoint forum moderators.

Now I'd like to reveal something very personal. At the time this topic was posted, it was posted because I was intending to leave the WiiBrew Forums and the public eye in general. My reasoning behind this related to personal issues preventing me from be as active in the "scene" as I wanted to be. And so I posted this 'request' as an initiative to go forth with disappearing.

However, many, many changes in my life were taking place and I eventually realized that my public participation were actually the only thing keeping me going on despite with my personal disappointments. It was my only door to personal freedom from my ails and I couldn't let it go. Despite this, I was still severely lacking in time and appointing another moderator or two still seemed like a great idea.

I approached a few of the admins with the idea (not any specific users were in mind at this time) and all of the admins I spoke to basically told me the same thing; Not to let my lack of time become too big of a deal. I was doing a great job and I shouldnt think otherwise because of a few missing hours from my schedule. You may remember an influx of posts from bushing and svpe around this time?

Anyways, another "full time" moderator still seemed like a good idea since, even though the forum was actually being more carefully monitored than ever before, we could keep a definitive full time watch. I pitched the idea of appointing bg4545 and DrLucky, but my requests were turned down. There was someone even I can hardly compete with as far as credentials are concerned (if you believe in competition that is - I dont) who was itching for an assertive role in the community. He was appointed after approval from myself and everyone else. His name is Tantric. And, for the record, he is actually very active. (I just usually beat him to the punch ;-) )

And so, the lack of "forum guardians" was cured. We had more than enough people watching over the forum. Still though, there's always a TON of nasty topics and users which show up unexpectedly and can't be dealt with soon enough. To that end, I think one more "full time mod" would be appropriate at this point in time.

So, today, I've reassessed the credentials and whatnot of everyone who's replied to this topic. And the results of my assessment are, to say the least, not going to make anyone happy. There is no one qualified to moderate the entire forum. Those exceptional at helping users solve problems haven't a nickels worth of enough knowledge to be qualified to lead the coders of the forum. And those who can haven't the rhetoric in their language to be taken seriously and with respect.

But perhaps you see what I'm getting at here? No one is qualified to lead the entire board, but certainly have the ability to lead sections of it. To that end, I will be having many more pestering conversations with the admins about appointing perhaps a partial moderator or two (after all, all the problems occur in those two or three sections of the forum). While I can appoint more moderators, please remember that the other admins are trusting me not to do so without consulting them.

Until the time comes when I've made a final decision on who I want where, and we have an appropriate opportunity to make some promotions, the current power balance shall remain as it is. Remember please that this is a big decision which cannot be made with haste.

In the meantime, I'm ending this topic.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.