Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discussion of WADs, Backups, and ROMs is NOT ALLOWED! NO PIRACY!.....????

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Discussion of WADs, Backups, and ROMs is NOT ALLOWED! NO PIRACY!.....????
July 25, 2009 05:34AM
Erm, ya, I have a suggestion. I think that that link is kind of..um...how should I put this...not exactly..true? Lots of times people talk about ROMs here, and I think maybe that should be changed. I'm not trying to offend anyone, its just a suggestion......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 05:36AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Re: Discussion of WADs, Backups, and ROMs is NOT ALLOWED! NO PIRACY!.....????
July 25, 2009 05:39AM
It should be "where to get ROMs"...
July 25, 2009 05:41AM
Yeah, I agree. Honestly, I think its kinda funny. You can talk about them, but no links to them. It still doesn't quite make sense to me. :P
July 25, 2009 03:03PM
You're overlooking something in the statement that invalidates your rationale of thinking: "No Piracy!" This implies that discussions of Backups, WADs, or ROMs in a piracy supportive way is against the rules. Any "true" WiiBrewer knows that constructive and non-illegal discussion of the former is allowed. And you will find quite a bit of that on this forum I'm happy to say. (look at sites like GBAFail that have less than one constructive topic about these).

As far as ROMs go; Posting links to sites that offer ROMs for download is illegal and supportive of pirating them (the ROMs).
July 25, 2009 08:32PM
Hmm, okay. IMO, its still kinda weird. I've talked about backups (in the legal sense) and had my post edited out. Yet you just said that we're allowed to talk about them legally.

Arikado
Any "true" WiiBrewer knows that constructive and non-illegal discussion of the former is allowed.

...Are you saying I'm not a true...wiibrewer?!? :`( lol, jk. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 08:32PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 25, 2009 08:49PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Hmm, okay. IMO, its still kinda weird. I've talked about backups (in the legal sense) and had my post edited out. Yet you just said that we're allowed to talk about them legally.
Anything very specificly detailing the process of running backups (run the app/cIOS named ...) will not be tolerated as such information could be used to the benefit of pirates.
July 25, 2009 08:53PM
Mmmk, I don't quite agree, but I'll abide the rules. :)
I'm not saying I support piracy, I'm just saying that link is slightly...misleading. Thank you for answering my questions and tolerating. :D
September 02, 2009 11:36AM
The Rules are a bit Sketchy!!! I think they need to be updated!!!
September 02, 2009 03:29PM
wiicrew made a post reporting the compatibility of a particular brand of external hard drive with USB loader apps. I think the rules could perhaps be slightly altered to make it clearer that this is a forbidden subject.
September 03, 2009 07:19AM
Well if you can't talk about backups, why would you be able to talk about backup loaders?
September 03, 2009 04:33PM
Perhaps just a note about anything to do with Wanikoko's cIOS. That isn't in the rules, and that's what I meant to say but failed, for some reason.
September 03, 2009 04:43PM
I understand what you're saying: That we should have a clear, ultimate list of apps that will not be tolerated here.

However, I don't agree with it at all.

Such a blatantly clear list would be nothing but a list of googling keywords for wanna-be warezers and cause many unneeded debates about our decision to or not support specific software concluding in: "We are teh power - you must obey teh power". People who can't even read the big bold red lettering on the main page most likely wouldn't even bother to look at the list.

Instead, I feel as though the following statement gives everyone a pretty clear picture of what's going on:
Any software which contains functionality that violates the principal philosophies which govern this forum will not be tolerated.

To understand these principal philosophies, please carefully read the forum rules: [forum.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2009 04:44PM by Arikado.
September 03, 2009 05:40PM
'Nuff said.
September 04, 2009 12:07AM
Not to mention the list would need to be updated almost daily...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login