Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ask for Total Time Gaming

Posted by ElectroKidd 
Ask for Total Time Gaming
February 22, 2009 01:24PM
Hello everybody,
I try to search everywhere but I didn't found a homebrew that list me how may time I played on a game.
essencialy I need to know how to find the information written in the dashboard (wii logging), for each game I used.

Someone could help me?
I can dump my NAND, decrypt it and make a little c++ in windows, but I don't know where are the information...
Re: Ask for Total Time Gaming
February 22, 2009 02:39PM
When you play a game, the system menu logs the name of the game and the time you started playing. When you return to the system menu, it subtracts the time you return from the time you started to figure out how long you played. It then logs all this information on the wii message board.
February 22, 2009 02:58PM
ok, this sounds good, but I cannot sum all the 600 days of gaming by hand... !
Where are written these information, in such a file..? I try to see the fs-browser to understand where to find this log (-file I think), but the file are enough!
February 22, 2009 03:10PM
Just for better understand my question:
Is there a way to have a list like this:

- Legend of Zelda : total 50h 30m ..
- Wii Fit : Total 10h ...
and so on for each title that are logged in the calendar - dashboard of the wii

or better, a way to export the log-file ?
February 22, 2009 04:38PM
This isnt my area of expertise, but there's probably is a way to do it. I just dont think too many people have looked into it so far. If I hear of anything that may be useful, I'll let you know.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the Wiis NAND is essentially the Wiis memory so the logs are probably in there somewhere. I think dumping it would be a good place to start looking for them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 04:43PM by Arikado.
February 22, 2009 04:58PM
thank you, I'll try to understand something more on the NAND map.
February 22, 2009 05:41PM
Again, this isnt my area of expertise, but based on my understanding of the layout of the NAND, I'd say that the logs would probably be somwhere in clusters 0x7F00-0x7FFF on the NAND.
February 23, 2009 12:30PM
Co-incidentally I am working on that exact application now! Probably be three weeks or so as time is very limited. It will also have last time and date that you played each game/channel. I have worked out enough of the message-board file format to do this but need to make a UI.
February 23, 2009 07:33PM
I'm expert in Visual C++ on wnd. So let me know, If I can help you in this side.
I did something on my NDS w/devkitPro, but nothing on wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login