Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiimote as a pc mouse

Posted by prodigalj 
Wiimote as a pc mouse
February 24, 2009 10:01PM
A few days ago I bought a belkin Bluetooth, a wireless sensor bar and a wiimote, I have vista, I've tried omg so many things to try and make this work, and I can't find anything that works like marcan42's ( wiimote as a mouse ) this is his youtube video demo of what he set up, yet I can't for the life of me find out how he's done this.

[www.youtube.com]

I did get mine working somewhat, but to go left or right I need to rotate my wiimote, nor does it seems very responsive. when I saw marcan42 write words on your screen so fluidly I was like aw man.. I neeeed it!, lol!

please for the love of all that is wireless, help me out! or point me int he right direction, or thread if I posted this in the wrong area,

Thanks ahead to anyone who can help me out

John
Re: Wiimote as a pc mouse
February 26, 2009 07:13PM
53 views and no answer? :( QQ
February 26, 2009 07:32PM
you'd have to ask marcan about that...
February 26, 2009 11:54PM
google glovepie
February 27, 2009 12:19AM
can i just say that i remember trying to get this to work as well and i followed every step and it still didnt work, im on vista as well so it might be to do with that
March 01, 2009 10:35PM
I recently bought a Bluetooth adapter that also doesn't seem to work. It's this one: [www.focalprice.com]

BlueSoleil will recognize it, but it won't connect (all four LEDs on the remote keep flashing). I've tried everything, and I think it just might be the adapter. Anyone else have experience with the same one?
March 02, 2009 01:10AM
Well I talked to a friend last night who does alot of wii hacking, unfortunatley, he hasn't figured out the mouse yet either, he got his working as far as i got mine, "having to rotate the wiimote to go left or right" which is imo, not worth using, Marcan!!! where a are u man? lol.. help!
March 02, 2009 02:02AM
If you want marcan, go to the IRC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 02:10AM by Arikado.
March 04, 2009 04:08PM
1- I don't know anything about marcan's software, so I'm recommending using GlovePIE.
2- Wiimote Compatible Bluetooth Devices
3- Vista can be difficult to connect with. Basic tip, at each dialog of the connect process, check and make sure your wiimote is still in discovery mode before hitting ok. I usually will wait for it to stop, then reinitiate it to make sure it doesn't drop off during the discovery process.
4- In order to not have to tilt the wiimote to move the mouse left and right, you must have some sort of sensorbar. As far as coding the script, I'm not certain, but I know Glove comes with a bunch of premade scripts, including a mouse control script or two.
March 16, 2009 03:03PM
I am using glove pie, I suppose I will try look for more pre-made scripts, however if anyone else has had the same success as marcan42 has, please let me know :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login