Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel memory card

Posted by donnichols 
Homebrew Channel memory card
August 24, 2008 04:13PM
I know the wii is only supposed to support 2gb memory cards, but can the homebrew channel use larger sized cards? If anyone has used a 4 or 8 gb card and it works, please post. Thanks.
Re: Homebrew Channel memory card
August 24, 2008 04:23PM
You can use a USB Gecko. I think that's larger.
August 27, 2008 07:58PM
it also has a cable, and a pretty long one i might add.

that didnt help, did it? at least i can talk out of my ass too. also, this nonsene boosts my post count so im getting more important! right? right?

\o/
August 27, 2008 09:47PM
yeah, that didn't really help. thanks anyways
Doesn't anyone have a big sd card laying around that they can plug in?
I don't want to sound desperate, i just want to put all my snes games on the card at one time. lol
August 27, 2008 11:20PM
donnichols
I don't want to sound desperate, i just want to put all my snes games on the card at one time. lol

There is no way any SDHC card can be used. I don't know whether the Wii's hardware supports this, but if it does, the software to take advantage of this does not exist.

However, there are reports that some 4gb non-SDHC cards, even though they don't comply with the SD standard, may work.
I should point out, though, that you could fit every SNES game ever made on a 2gb card with room to spare, though I doubt anyone actually owns that many...
August 28, 2008 05:20PM
donnichols

go away, pirate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 05:33PM by svpe.
August 28, 2008 05:21PM
devilsbook
There is no way any SDHC card can be used. I don't know whether the Wii's hardware supports this, but if it does, the software to take advantage of this does not exist.
It's only a software problem. SDHC cards are well supported by the hardware.
September 03, 2008 04:03AM
You guys are probably right. I went out and bought a 4gig sdhc card just for the heck of it. I figured it's worth a shot.
Well, I put it in my card reader and it isn't recognized. I wasn't thinking that a three year old card reader wouldn't work with these cards.
I suppose I'll just stick with the 2gig cards. It's a shame too. Staples has an 8gig on sale for the same price as three 2gigs. :(
Anyways, thanks for all the help. Sorry to waste your time. Goodnight.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login