Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pressing need to update - Quick question

Posted by Rizaria 
Pressing need to update - Quick question
March 27, 2009 10:39AM
Alright...I have a US Wii and I'm in Australia, so the only way I can purchase Wii Points is via the Wii Shop Channel itself. But of course, it wants me to update now.

Now, I haven't updated for awhile. I remember last I checked, they changed the EULA..so avoided it. But, were there any actual changes to the firmware or whatever that makes the whole 'invisible threat/downloads' from Nintendo actually possible? 'Cause if not, I'd really like to update.

And if so, is it possible to just have the update for the Shop Channel at least?
Re: Pressing need to update - Quick question
March 27, 2009 09:44PM
As of 4.0, I believe (believe so correct me if I'm wrong) its currently not possible to update just the shop channel. It used to be though. I'll talk to tona and/or muzer to see if they're working a new app that will allow you to do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2009 09:44PM by Arikado.
March 28, 2009 05:53AM
Arikado
As of 4.0, I believe (believe so correct me if I'm wrong) its currently not possible to update just the shop channel. It used to be though. I'll talk to tona and/or muzer to see if they're working a new app that will allow you to do that.

Alrighty, thank you.
March 28, 2009 10:20AM
just install ios 61
March 28, 2009 02:00PM
jassim
just install ios 61
That shouldn't work. New features were added to the shop channel (such as download directly to SD) so you're required to update the channel as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login