Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can you launch VC titles from SD card with homebrew?

Posted by Pandemonium1x 
Can you launch VC titles from SD card with homebrew?
March 28, 2009 12:20AM
Since the system menu now has that ability does anybody know of anything as of yet that will allow Home Brew users to launch VC titles from an SD card?
Re: Can you launch VC titles from SD card with homebrew?
March 28, 2009 12:33AM
Either A) You're referring to running warez

B) You're overlooking the fact that the new system menu can do that

Or C) You're asking if we can hack the system menu or change the HBC to enable the same or similar functionality

Please enlighten me so that I can more accurately respond to your question.
March 28, 2009 11:13AM
Understanding that it takes time for HBC to mirror some functions I am asking if it is possible to run my VC games from an SD card using the HBC or another 3rd party HBC app similar to the update in the new 4.0 Wii Menu functionality. I am not speaking about warez or anything of the like I just wanted to use the functionality without upgrading my Wii using the official update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2009 11:14AM by Pandemonium1x.
March 28, 2009 01:56PM
Yes, thats what I thought you were asking (but you cant be too careful you have no idea how many times I've been mislead here :P).

Anyways, I'm not going to say that its impossible for someone to make an app that launches channels on the SD card. However, they'd have to be in binary form, not WAD form. I believe that there is already a launcher out there that can launch channels from the system menu. So its not ridiculous to suggest that they may add the functionality to launch channels from an SD card. It would definitely be fairly trivial though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login