Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

is system menu 4.0 safe for me?

Posted by TyDoMaster 
is system menu 4.0 safe for me?
March 28, 2009 06:28AM
Hi all.
I have a soft modded Wii with the latest HBC and PatchMii and a patchmii install at IOS 249 (the one used by cIOS)
If I update to system menu 4.0, will it affect any of this? if it removes patchmii (ass they say it will) can I simply reinstall it using the HBC? I ask because I am running out of room on wi Wii's internal storage and think that the 4.0 SD card thing would be quite useful.
I looked around, but couldn't find an answer anywhere so I just med my own topic ;)

Thanks in advance!
Re: is system menu 4.0 safe for me?
March 28, 2009 01:58PM
Actually, 4.0 doesnt even touch IOS 249. It ignores it completely. However, the patchmii installer has stopped working since 3.3v2

Also, the HBC and DVDX arent affected by this update either.
March 28, 2009 07:41PM
Thanks. So just to be clear, after I update to 4.0 I can't reinstall Patchmii, even with the homebrew channel.
That's a bummer, but I guess all the same tools exist for ios 249.

Are there any steps I should take to ensure that all my other homebrew is working?
Like installing DVDx to IOS 249?
March 28, 2009 08:03PM
Just be sure to have DVDX installed before you upgrade.
March 28, 2009 11:10PM
I remember having to install patchmii core when I fist installed DVDx forever ago, but I don't remember why...what is the purpose?
March 29, 2009 03:06AM
I have DVDx but it is for the IOS 249.
Is that different from the normal one?
March 29, 2009 03:55AM
TyDoMaster
I have DVDx but it is for the IOS 249.
Is that different from the normal one?

im going to leave to 249 dvdx alone...

to what i understand 4.0 is ios 60 and 61... and then the rest of the update are fixing the bugs in the system... dont quote me for that. but that what im catching.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login