Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SSBB Stage Builder Exploit

Posted by ScuttleButt31 
SSBB Stage Builder Exploit
September 17, 2009 01:14AM
So, I have been trying everything I can think of, and that others can think of, for the past couple days to attempt to install HBC using the bannerbomb. NOT a single one of the bannerbomb versions will work on my Wii. I get no dialog, no freeze, no nothing.

Does anyone have any useful information on how to attempt comex's SSBB exploit?
Re: SSBB Stage Builder Exploit
September 17, 2009 01:18AM
Go look at my post in your other thread....
September 17, 2009 01:34AM
There must be something else they are using besides the .elf/dol file in the root of the SD card. I can't get anything to pop up when I jump into the stage builder on SSBB.
September 17, 2009 01:36AM
Maybe you're supposed to load it through a brawl?
September 17, 2009 06:03PM
have you put smash stack (the exploit) on your SD card? Is it SDHC?
September 17, 2009 09:17PM
I have put the smashstack file onto my SD card. Does it need to be SDHC?
September 17, 2009 09:25PM
No, I don't think it matters. I think it might be that I told you to set up the folders wrong...Try this.

Delete that whole private folder that I told you to make.
Go into brawl, make a stage, and then save it to your SD card (not the wii).

This will create all the folders on your SD card for you that I told you to make yourself.

Okay, now put your SD card in your computer and navigate through the private folder that is there, and once you find the st folder, go into it. Is there a .bin file in there? If so, then that is the stage you just made. Delete it, and drag the exploit into the place where your stage previously was.

I hope this helps.....
September 17, 2009 09:32PM
So, I actually tried this. For some reason the private folder made by my Wii doesn't show up when I plug the SD card into my computer. I wonder if it is a hardware issue with my computer or with my Wii. Something not reading/writing correctly. I am going to try a different SD card reader this weekend.
September 17, 2009 09:35PM
Wait, so you made a stage in brawl, saved it to your SD card, and it didn't make a private folder on your SD card?
September 17, 2009 10:02PM
correct
September 17, 2009 10:03PM
That doesn't make any sense....Are you sure you saved it to the SD card, and not to the wii?

Trying taking a snapshot and saving it to the SD card.
September 17, 2009 10:04PM
It shouldn't be in the title folder, but the APP folder
September 17, 2009 10:06PM
Ok, Im going to try things this weekend. I'll let everyone know what happens Sunday sometime. I am heading out of town for the next couple days.
September 17, 2009 10:07PM
Okey-Dokey. :)
September 17, 2009 10:08PM
Oh, and Im POSITIVE I saved it to the SD card. I took the card out and put it back in the Wii to make sure it was there, and the file showed up only when I looked for it using the game. If I just went into data management on the wii and looked for a file, it didn't show up either.
September 17, 2009 10:10PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but is the little switch on your SD card switched to "on" or "off"?
September 17, 2009 10:14PM
Also, it has to appear somewhere on your SD card...Could you take a snapshot of the root of your SD card, please? That might help.....
September 17, 2009 10:18PM
I will do all that when I get back into town. Have a good weekend Waxy!
September 17, 2009 11:30PM
Perhaps the wii sets the stages folder as a hidden folder. Try setting your computer to show hidden files.

When you get back of course :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 11:31PM by TopGun96.
September 18, 2009 05:26AM
do you use the memory card on a nokia phone because the phone also uses a private folder and it sets it as hidden
that happens to my memory card
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login