Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DS Download Play

Posted by pimanrules 
DS Download Play
April 01, 2009 01:26AM
Would it be possible to create homebrew that wirelessly sends homebrew games to the DS using DS Download Play?
Re: DS Download Play
April 01, 2009 03:00AM
We havent even synced the DS with the Wii yet ... :(
April 01, 2009 04:38AM
Figures... but would it theoretically be possible? (Sorry. I have very little knowledge when it comes to how homebrew actually works.... LOL.)
April 01, 2009 04:53AM
It will probably be done eventually
April 01, 2009 12:29PM
Theoretically, yes its possible.
April 18, 2009 05:02AM
Well, DS and Wii can do short-range communication (examples: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and Pokemon Battle Revolution, Nintendo Channel). Actually, the Nintendo Channel sends DS Download Station demos to the DS, so who knows.
April 18, 2009 08:03PM
Like said above, theoretically yes. But even if we got a connection to work, either the ds would already have to be HB enabled, or we would need a way to fake sign homebrew to run through ds download play.
April 18, 2009 09:50PM
ChuckBartowski
Like said above, theoretically yes. But even if we got a connection to work, either the ds would already have to be HB enabled, or we would need a way to fake sign homebrew to run through ds download play.

Never thought about that... What would be cool, although I can see would also be problematic, would be a pictochat emulator. As the DSi has shown us, pictochat supports color (and sound...?), so it could possibly be used to send images...? Or is there some strange part of pictochat on the DS(lite) that the DSi just unlocks....?
April 19, 2009 05:57AM
If I recall correctly, this would only work on FlashMe'd DSes, since multiboot images are digitally signed on unflashed DSes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login