Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forced 4.1u to 4.3 - Wll it kill bootmii? Maybe brick?

Posted by Spiffy577 
Forced 4.1u to 4.3 - Wll it kill bootmii? Maybe brick?
January 04, 2011 10:01PM
This is almost a xpost so I apologize but the info has changed.

I am trying to run Epic Mickey on a sys menu 4.1u. I have bootmii / boot2 and ios installed. I would like to play the game but worried the forced update will brick my wii. I know it erases the boot2 and ios changes. So two questions.

One, how do I update to 4.3 without risking a brick. Uninstall the bootmii?

Secondly, how do I create a full proof brick preventative after the update.

I have another saying to install priiloader and update manually but I have heard that can be dangerous.

PLEASE please help a noob...!

Thanks, : )

Josh

(Ironically, this is just after a conversation with the wife about, "No hunny, this will prevent any risk of bricking..." Please help. lol.)
Re: Forced 4.1u to 4.3 - Wll it kill bootmii? Maybe brick?
January 05, 2011 05:19AM
1) Updating is risky for everyone (as something may happen with your internet connection while updating or the power may go off) but the best way to do it is by Nintendo's official update. You don't have to uninstall bootmii or anything in order to have a "safe" update.

2) You have bootmii as boot2, the best brick protection anyone can get. Just access to the menu and create a backup of your NAND.

To do so insert an SD card with the "bootmii" folder before turning on your wii, a menu will appear but you can only use a game cube or the buttons of the console to navigate (wiimotes don't work). After that go to the fourth option and once in there select the image of a wii with a green arrow pointing to an SD card. Wait thil it finishes creating the backup and (if you want) copy the bootmii folder, NAND.bin and keys.bin files to your computer.

Hope that helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login