Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Wii Brickbreaker Game...

Posted by Azza123 
A Wii Brickbreaker Game...
August 31, 2008 05:11AM
I'd love to see a brick-breaker game like DX-Ball on the Wii. I know that we have Ballion, buts that's not a tradition brick-breaker game.

DX-Ball had simple and hard levels, combined made a great PC game. If someone was able to build something like this I would be so grateful. I'd be able to help with the graphics, but the coding would have to left up to someone else...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 11:23AM by Azza123.
Re: A Wii Brickbreaker Game...
September 01, 2008 08:47AM
Yeh you could have different controls like tilting the wiimote to move the little paddle thing.
September 01, 2008 11:24AM
I've had a love for brick-breaker games, I would love to see one for the Wii's homebrew. :)
September 01, 2008 11:16PM
Are youthinking of a simple brickbreaker or something more modern with power-ups, multiple players, and stuff?
September 02, 2008 08:02AM
I'd want it to evolve over time... But at first, simple.
September 02, 2008 04:44PM
I started making something like that a while ago when I first discovered Wii homebrew. I lost inspiration to finish it back then but I might consider starting back on it.

Here, you can play what I had made so far: breakout.zip

You aim at the screen to control the paddle. Left/Right dpad alters paddle size. Home returns to HBC.

You can't lose or win and the block/ball collision doesn't account for side hits but it's easily fixable.

EDIT: Just discovered drop.io file hosting so you can go here to download it and skip rapid share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 09:28PM by JSLemming.
September 06, 2008 09:14PM
Did anyone try it?
September 07, 2008 04:32AM
I tried it just before! It's great! I easily wanted more! I reckon if that was completed it could get a good amount of fans, it'd be my favourite HB game yet!
September 09, 2008 08:05PM
Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it after school slows down.... if that even happens.
September 13, 2008 02:07AM
Haha. Well I really hope you do get the time. :) Great job so far!
September 13, 2008 02:14AM
Hm, what if you actually held the Wiimote in the same position as the paddle, and moved it back and forth?
September 13, 2008 02:17AM
HyperHacker
Hm, what if you actually held the Wiimote in the same position as the paddle, and moved it back and forth?

I can see it working either way, pointing at the screen or the Wiimote sideways.

JSLemming, you mind me making a WiiBrew page for Wii Breakout?
September 13, 2008 04:52AM
Ohh I suppose you can if you want to. But it's such a unfinished game, do you think it's really worth putting up in it's current state?
September 13, 2008 08:24AM
It'll get it some fans, perhaps. Also, if you aren't able to finish it, someone else may want to take up the project. :)
September 13, 2008 05:21PM
I'm too embarrassed to release the source it's so bad. XD

Plus it was written with an old version of libwiisprite so I don't even know if it compiles anymore.
September 14, 2008 01:09AM
JSLemming
I'm too embarrassed to release the source it's so bad. XD

Plus it was written with an old version of libwiisprite so I don't even know if it compiles anymore.

Eh. Someone might get some inspiration from it, and start something new from scratch.
September 21, 2008 08:52PM
Wiibreaker

Download

Made this in a weekend. Hope you like it :)
September 21, 2008 10:44PM
Just put up a wiibrew page for it: Wiibrew page for Wiibreaker
September 22, 2008 05:50AM
I haven't tried it as of yet, but it's on my SD Card! Nice job.
September 23, 2008 10:11AM
Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but with the new SNES9X GX 005, you can play Arkanoid 2 using the Wiimote to emulate the SNES mouse. It works pretty well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login