Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii internal disk run with a game disk

Posted by zunpara 
Wii internal disk run with a game disk
September 03, 2008 12:35AM
Is it possible to make homebrew, that runs on the wii internal disk on-top of a game disk like another layer?

So you can have voice chat on games like smash bros and mario kart when wii speak comes out .

This would be by running a hombrew app that uses wii speak,
on the wii internal disk,
and run a game like smash bros, with the game disk at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2008 02:32AM by zunpara.
Re: Wii internal disk run with a game disk
September 03, 2008 02:04PM
Maybe, look at Ocarina.
September 03, 2008 09:15PM
umm, i don't think that is possible, because then you would have to reprogram the whole game to be compadible with wii speak, i doubt even nintendo could make it compatible with brawl.
September 04, 2008 01:52AM
You wouldn't reprogram smash bros, you would just run a wii speak hombrew app on the wii's internal disk as an invisible application(app will continue running even if you don't see it), and run smash bros at the same time.
September 04, 2008 10:48PM
Are any infos about using Wii-Speak in software avaiable ?

There are a lot of IFs concerning that.
IF we can use Wii-Speak and IF we cann keep the code to run Wii-Speak in memory and IF we can keep this code runing alongside Smashbros and IF we cann make it use the network connection alongside Smashbros, then it could work.
September 10, 2008 03:57AM
It's not as simple as "running a program in the background", because the games/system aren't designed for it. You'd have to patch into the game, load your code into some free memory, change its allocation routines to not free or overwrite that memory, and hook somewhere to have it run. A hacked IOS would help with this, but it'd still be a lot of work. Then you'd have to work out a way to have both your network traffic and the game's running at the same time without interfering with eachother, and the other player would have to also run your hack.

My suggestion would be to use a voice chat program on your PC while you play.
September 11, 2008 11:37AM
This was my concept for Wii Speak I had a while back before it was announced but i find it very unlikely seeing that wiispeak uses a single mike instead of bt headsets.

See here for my concept idea it has concept screens and such. Ironically enough nintendo stole the name i thought up for the concept.

Link_of_Hyrule
Many people on the Internet have said they would like voice chat on the Wii. I have drawn up this concept for "Wii Speak" to show how nintendo could do it with a simple update and Blue Tooth Headsets. This concept uses the home menu instead of integrating into each game it would work with all new and old games on the market.

This first image shows what the Home Menu would look like after the update it has a button for the "Wii Speak Room" and "Wii Headset Settings"

This next image shows the Wii Headset Settings has a Volume and an option to allow the incoming audio to be outputting on the TV or not.

This last image is the "Wii Speak Room" you can add or remove people from the conference room that are in your Wii's Address book (we all know Nintendo wont let us talk to strangers)

The "Wii Speak Room" show the persons, Name, Mii, Signal Strenth, and has a Remove and Mute button. Also if you click the persons name it will show information about them what game thier playing and other things like that you can send them Text messages and your name will blink in thier room along with the blue LED on the front of the Wii.

Also when you close the Home Menu and return to your game you are still in the room while your playing your games online :D

P.S. I made these in paint so they aren't that intricate anyone who wants to add to my concept or make it better feel free. Also don't post saying this is fake because obviously its not in development as its purely my own concept and idea and not real and its a waste of time posting that its fake when I already said it is.

EDIT:

I made it into the news on MaxConsole Click Here
It has also now been posted on digg Click Here
[www.wiichat.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 11:39AM by Link_of_Hyrule.
September 13, 2008 02:31AM
Hm, hacking games that already have Wii Speak to use a Bluetooth headset might not be that hard.
September 13, 2008 03:50AM
as far as I know, WiiSpeak uses an USB connection.
My guess is that it will use a propertiary protocoll, that is optimized to be easy on bandwidth.

therefore bluetooth headsets are at least 2 big steps away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2008 03:51AM by daniel_c_w.
September 13, 2008 08:59AM
Another problem you have is even those 'Home button menu's' are part of whatever game/app you are running and not the Wii software itself. It would take much more than a simple 'update' to implement that.

About the best you'd manage is either a lone channel or added function to the System Menu for voice chat functionality, but certainly not anywhere close to being integrated into existing games. MAYBE future games if the developers decided to add that functionality, but that is as far as you'd get.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login