Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulators and DVD

Posted by dodger 
Emulators and DVD
September 03, 2008 08:45PM
(Edited just incase was breaking the rules).

Firstly I would like to say Hi and a big thanks to all for the effort and help given to us all.
(Couldn't find a thread for newcomers to say hi, sorry).

My question is this.

If I want to load games from a dvd to use with HB and emus is there a directory structure I need to comply with, (should I mirror the way things are on my SD card)? Or will the emus recognise them for each and allow me to run them if they are just burned to the root on mass?
Am I right in assuming the file extensions are the key element (when unzipped) as with the PC emus?

Had a look but could not find any topics on this. If I have missed them can you point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance

dodger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2008 09:15PM by dodger.
Re: Emulators and DVD
September 09, 2008 06:37AM
I don't believe any current emulators support reading from DVD unless you have a drivechip and a supported altered IOS version. If this is the case, check the documentation for each specific emulator, as some may or may not require a specific directory structure.
September 10, 2008 03:49AM
Any new emulator that includes the new libdi (can read from DVD's) included in the emulator and you have DVDx installed on your wii you can just burn your roms to your DVD. I personally have a folder for each emulator with the respectful roms in each one. When running your emulator choose to load from DVD and then just choose the folder you have saved your roms to. For example: you are running an SNES emulator so load the roms from your SNES folder on your DVD. There is no exact directory structure needed for each app to load from.
January 10, 2009 12:19AM
hi can someone show me some step by step instructions on how to make a DVD with roms to use with the emulators in HBC (Snes9x, Genesis, Wii64, VBA ect...) or a link to some step by step instructions? i would really thank you for the help.
i don't need roms just want to know how to make a DVD to put roms on for the wii HBC emulators that support 'read from DVD'
thanks
January 10, 2009 12:57AM
Make a data DVD and put them on?! or have I missed something?
January 10, 2009 03:10AM
can the wii read just a data dvd? it doesn't have to be an iso?
January 10, 2009 03:23AM
Make it a data DVD, burn as ISO9660 + Joliet. If you have a modchip, install Patchmii. Then install DVDx (whether you have a modchip or not).

You will have less grief if you follow the correct folder paths:

eg:
snes9x/roms
fceugx/roms
vbagx/roms
January 10, 2009 04:38AM
No modchip just the zelda hack. How do you burn it as ISO9660 ? and what's Joliet?

thanks.......
January 10, 2009 05:56AM
There options in the burning program.
January 10, 2009 06:06AM
yep, use imgburn... it will give you those options

select :

ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF

and:
UDF rev. 1.02

otherwise the rom names will be shortened...

also, burn at a slow speed... from 2 to 4x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 06:07AM by DrLucky.
January 10, 2009 07:21AM
How can you use imgburn on a Folder? (sorry for all the questions) Do i have to change the folder with all the path/directories to an iso to use imgburn?
January 10, 2009 05:15PM
jay012
How can you use imgburn on a Folder? (sorry for all the questions) Do i have to change the folder with all the path/directories to an iso to use imgburn?

be sure you have the newest imgburn... when you start it, it will give you 6 options :

Write Image file to disc
Write files/folders to disc (pick this one)
Create Image files from disc
Create Image files from files and folders
Verify Disc
Discovery

when you select 'Write files/folders to disc', you can either browse for the folders you want, or drag them into the white window...

then click the options tab at the right and select the burning modes I told you earlier...
February 10, 2009 09:50PM
I followed these instructions and i don't see a DVD option in the menu?
I hit choose game and it starts in the SD card and i can back out to the root but i see no DVD option.

any help anyone?

I have DVDx installed successfully (normal install), Emulators installed via Homebrew browser and updated.

I tried multiple emulators, tried removing the SD card Path, can i browse under choose game or is there a different option for DVD?

UPDATE: Nevermind! i figured it out. Go to Preferences/LoadSave/Load default: set to DVD
or something similar to that on most emulators

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 12:04AM by hobbykitjr.
February 11, 2009 09:48AM
Back from the grave, topic? =P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login