Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Applications disappeard from Homebrew Channel

Posted by Discomaster 
Applications disappeard from Homebrew Channel
May 05, 2009 02:09AM
As you can probably tell, I'm having some issues with my homebrew channel. Earlier I loaded some new emulators onto my SD card, went into the homebrew channel and everything was fine. Then I loaded an emulator, played a rom, and went back to the homebrew channel and noticed all my applications were no longer showing. I reloaded, same thing. Turned off the Wii, turned it back on, reloaded... same thing.

Then I scanned my SD card for errors, found nothing. Copied everything from the SD card on to the desktop of my friends laptop, formatted the SD card in FAT32 and put everything back on and still nothing shows up. Does anyone have any ideas?
Re: Applications disappeard from Homebrew Channel
May 05, 2009 02:54AM
Is your SD card old? If so, perhaps its time to get a new one.
May 05, 2009 02:58AM
Actually, I bought it less than 10 days ago.
May 05, 2009 03:12AM
Hm. Return it to the store? Just my opinion, but it sounds like the card is defective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 03:12AM by Arikado.
May 05, 2009 10:42PM
So I decided to play around with it some more and figure this out. Turns out it was actually a problem with the Wii, it wasn't reading the card properly. I tried copying some save data from the Wii onto the SD card to see what would happen and it copied over fine. Then I went into the homebrew channel... All my emulators are back! Yay!

Now I'm just going to test them all to make sure they all work properly...
May 05, 2009 11:01PM
...And after saying 'yes' to updating my NES emulator as it prompted me, and updated successfully, I'm back to square one. I don't really understand this, and I'm not convinced it's an issue with the SD card. I can copy information to/from the SD card fine through the Wii browser, it's just not picking up anything in the Homebrew channel. Is there any strange things that might cause issues? Perhaps too much information on the card, too many files in one directory, etc? It's a 4GB SDHC card and it was working perfectly fine when I was using less than 2GB of information. I might try taking some stuff off the card and trying again..
May 05, 2009 11:38PM
..And that didn't help either. I even tried loading the emulators and some of the roms to my MicroSD card that came with my cell phone and it works fine off that, even let me update the NES emulator with no problems. This isn't making any sense.. I can copy save files from the Wii and even channels to them and everything works perfectly fine, it just doesn't seem to recognize the card in the homebrew channel. I'd figure if the card was defective I would not be able to do anything with it, so I can't see how that would be the problem.
May 08, 2009 12:48AM
So I got the card replaced and put my apps on to the new card and I'm having the exact same issue. Is there anything that could be on the card that might be causing an issue? I'm stumped.
May 08, 2009 04:27AM
Damaged Wii card reader mechanism?
May 08, 2009 07:34AM
What firmware are you using? Only 4.0 supports SDHC cards.
May 08, 2009 08:09AM
falco216
What firmware are you using? Only 4.0 supports SDHC cards.
The Homebrew Channel supported SDHC before the System Menu...
May 08, 2009 03:16PM
The card reader is not damaged because I have another SD card that I can use that works 100% of the time. Problem is that it's a MicroSD that came with my cell phone and I bought the extra SD card so I could leave it in the Wii for other people to use, and to not have to swap my MicroSD between my phone and the Wii all the time. I am using the 4.0 firmware on the Wii, I can even use the card to back up save files for Wii games and even copy/play VC titles on the card as well. I even tried using the special formatting tool to format the SD card, put everything back on it, and I'm still having the same issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login