Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged BannerBomb Alpha thread

Posted by bushing 
Re: Mega Merged BannerBomb Alpha thread
May 12, 2009 06:43AM
Hmm, tried both methods. Neither worked at all.

:(
Re: A about the 4.0 exploit
May 12, 2009 11:03AM
hey it worked for me so i cant knock it it is at ur own risk if anyone does it and for ur info i never fail.
May 12, 2009 12:16PM
Blinger101
Arikado
1)Run WiiSCU with Bannerbomb and tell it to install a patched version of IOS 60.

I'm running WiiSCU and have gotten to the 'IOS Installation/Upgrade Options' screen, and there's the option to "Install IOS60 ?", with the three options being 'No', '-Trucha' and '+Trucha'.
+Trucha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 12:17PM by Arikado.
May 13, 2009 02:53AM
Graymalkin626
hey it worked for me so i cant knock it it is at ur own risk if anyone does it and for ur info i never fail.

When you post links that violate my copyright, you fail.
May 13, 2009 11:17AM
with all due respect take that up with the people who made the link available to find through google. all i was doing was offering up some info that i thought might be helpful. i don't always have the time to read forum rules so if u guys got upset then be upset it was not that serious. and as far as ur copyrights go i dont know what to tell u. it sucks sometimes but like i said take it up with the people who made the link available to find through google. don't get ur panties in a bunch. hey u know what bushing forget this message u can stay mad if u want but peace brother u guys do rock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 07:32AM by Graymalkin626.
May 13, 2009 10:08PM
Some people need to read instructions USE LOADMII people cant wait very long for a safe, eye friendly, HBC install method, so i kinda feel like im the only user who made a youtube video about bannerbomb that says no to HBC due to wads

[www.youtube.com] (I gave credit, used official links and didn't claim as my own)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 10:11PM by Loufe.
May 15, 2009 11:28AM
I've found that when using any homebrew with the Loadmii/Bannerbomb combination the WiiMote will invariably stop working. What's frustrating is that in every case the WiiMote will work initially, but within a time frame of about one to two minutes the controller just goes 'dead.' None of the homebrew apps themselves freeze (music still runs, etc) but since pressing any buttons on the controller doesn't do anything, I still have to power off to get out of the app. The WiiMote itself has full batteries, the lights remain on, it just stops doing anything. It happens consistently with *every* one of the homebrew apps I'm able to try out listed on the main page, so I figure it has to be something with Bannerbomb...

EDIT: Also, I wanted to add that I often have to alternate Bannerbomb versions to even start up LoadMii in the first place. Also my WiiMotes worked fine the other day and for an extended period of time within homebrew, I just started to experience the WiiMote connectivity issues today.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2009 12:16PM by DevilRy.
May 16, 2009 06:39PM
I got a problem, maybe you guys can help.

My friend is using Bannerbomb to install the Hackmii installer thing, we get to the part where you choose what to install, but when we choose install Homebrew Channel, it just freezes. Anyone know why? We are using MicroSD and are on 4.0
May 16, 2009 08:08PM
How big is your SD Card?
May 16, 2009 11:44PM
May 19, 2009 03:48AM
I am using a 16 Mb SD card. I just wanted to install the HBC. Appologies in advance if I am asking/doing anything stupid. I am new to this.

I have put bannnerbomb private folder on my card (which I formatted to FAT).

I the used the hackmii elf with I renamed to boot.elf. I followed the instructions and said yes I wanted to install boot.elf.

Then my wii restated, but no HBC.

I replaced the hackmii elf with the load mii dol, and this seemed to run. (I got the screen with the text that let me chose SD, USB, GeckOS etc)

Any idea how to actually get the HBC installed? Or should I just wait?

Do I need a bigger SD card to install HBC? Do I need to be connected to the internet on my wii to install HBC? Sorry. I know I'm a n00b, but I have been trying to read up and learn about this.
May 19, 2009 05:34PM
Coopers: Your card needs to be at least 256mb
May 19, 2009 07:06PM
Wow ... I just installed this on another wii. system 3.1u.

I just had to say how easy was that! Even easier that doing the Twilight Hack. Thank you Comex :)

And BootMii Sweet :)
May 20, 2009 09:41AM
yeah. It appears there is also a known issue:

[bugs.hackmii.com]

Apparently will be fixed in the next release.
May 22, 2009 03:22PM
i have a wii with 4.0 and lu64 will the loadmii work to use bannerbomb to install hbc or can i use it to install hbb and use hbb to get apps etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2009 03:40PM by k420.
May 27, 2009 01:37PM
DevilRy
I've found that when using any homebrew with the Loadmii/Bannerbomb combination the WiiMote will invariably stop working. What's frustrating is that in every case the WiiMote will work initially, but within a time frame of about one to two minutes the controller just goes 'dead.'

The same thing happened to me when I was fiddling around with the Bannerbomb/Loadmii combo, after a while, the controller would just lose connection with the wii and the whole thing froze up.

A small workaround, that will get you to use all your HB, is to boot Loadmii via bannerbomb, then just wait for your wiimote to lose connectivity by itself (just don't touch it for a minute or 2-3)
You'll notice it lost connectivity when the light on your wiimote goes out. After this has happened, just re-enable your wiimote by pushing any button on it, start up your favorite program via loadmii, and it should work without further problems.

It's a bit of an annoying workaround, but it's good enough for now, until there's a fix for this specific issue, or until Public Beta 2 of Bootmii releases with the boot2v4 fix ;)

Edit: It seems Comex has pointed out on his site that disabling Wiiconnect24 might fix it aswell, haven't tried it yet, it'd be an easier workaround though ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 01:40PM by Anarky.
May 28, 2009 02:01AM
The newer version of bannerbomb fixed the remote issue for me...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login