Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Channel Creation

Posted by Stonecycle 
Wii Channel Creation
May 21, 2009 02:45AM
I'm actually curious about the possibility of Wii Channel creation, or applications to be opened via System Menu, like the Hombrew Channel.
I believe these are called "banners", and you can create weird animations/music for it.

...Uggh, if you do not get the point, I want to make something that can be opened in the System Menu, like the HBC.
If somebody could release instructions/code for the ability, it would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Wii Channel Creation
May 21, 2009 05:41AM
You can use Wadder to make your own channel from a hombrew app. I don't know about anything other than that. You can google wadder.net for the download.
May 21, 2009 03:16PM
Yeah, because that's totally not based on stolen stuff and absolutely gives people the full power of the file format.
May 21, 2009 05:44PM
I'm working on a similar project. I got it to the point that it would create and install the channel and all is functional.

But, not the code is failing and I can not figure out why. I haven't changed it, so it appears something in the WII is interfering with the ES_AddTicket call, which is suddenly returning error -4353 which is not detailed on WIIBrew's wiki, so I don't know what the error is trying to tell me... :(

In any case, it is based on a variety of thing including PatchMII, Ticket/TMD/Content descriptions from WIIBrew, and a few other sources.

Anyone know what error -4353 from ES_AddTicket means?

Also, for this application how would I access the titles data in flash? From what I have seen it seems like I need to:
ES_Identify
ES_GetTitleID
ES_GetTitleDir

Am I on the right track?

EDIT - Updated with correct error code.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 06:52PM by shardrillMorden.
May 21, 2009 06:18PM
henke37
Yeah, because that's totally not based on stolen stuff and absolutely gives people the full power of the file format.

Wadder is illegal? I thought he came out with a new version that eliminated illegal activity. Might be wrong though.:/
May 21, 2009 07:22PM
Aw, crud! If I knew that something like this could BRICK my Wii, then I wouldn't have asked!
Oh, and if that's illegal then, I would just forget about it.
No need for all the users to download all the required tools, et cetera.
Just, nevermind.
June 01, 2009 12:05AM
New WADder just came out, and it is now officially legal. Here's the link.
June 01, 2009 03:33PM
Won't work for me. Keeps telling me I need to enter a title name, even though I clearly have.
June 01, 2009 03:52PM
See Benzin on WiiBrew to create your own legal banners, the have almost completely reversed the format. if you need a bit of help understanding it, see marcan's post on hackmii and [wadder.net] - that has a bunch of tutorials under "Editing banners with benzin".

If you just want a simple custom channel for a homebrew app --- try WADder on WiiBrew with the "Static" base WAD (that is a LEGAL base, and all channels made from it are legal too). Just select the WAD in the first tab, enter a title in the second, and in the third select a new DOL file. Then click create, and you will get an editor to replace the banner and icon of the channel, click continue and save your WAD. Then install with the WAD Installer of choice ;). Feel free to share them too -- these channels with that "static" base are completely legal.
June 01, 2009 04:10PM
Stonecycle
Aw, crud! If I knew that something like this could BRICK my Wii, then I wouldn't have asked!
Oh, and if that's illegal then, I would just forget about it.
No need for all the users to download all the required tools, et cetera.
Just, nevermind.

Just install Preloader from WiiBrew or BootMii as boot2, and you can't brick from this -- if it bricks you, just boot into HBC and delete it!
June 01, 2009 04:23PM
U8 Tool - "System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found"
"U8 Unpack IMET Fail"
Any idea?
June 02, 2009 02:23AM
Jigen
U8 Tool - "System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found"
"U8 Unpack IMET Fail"
Any idea?
Install Microsoft Forms 2.0 -- easily found on google from the MS website. The next version will be multiplatform and not need this, which is good, but for now you have to isntall that (it comes with MS Office as well)
June 02, 2009 04:44AM
1cefire
Jigen
"U8 Unpack IMET Fail"
Any idea?
Install Microsoft Forms 2.0 -- easily found on google from the MS website. The next version will be multiplatform and not need this, which is good, but for now you have to install that (it comes with MS Office as well)
Got Forms installed but get message anyways. Then again my computer is a POS so it could be many things. Guess I'll just have to wait for the release not dependent on Forms
June 03, 2009 01:11AM
also try safe mode and/or a new user account
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login