Some apps stopped working after BootMii installation

Posted by ReV_ 
Some apps stopped working after BootMii installation
June 05, 2009 03:31PM
Some info first:
Wii bought june 2007
System Menu 4.0E
HBC IOS61 19.26

Yesterday I decided to backup my NAND in case something bad happens. I had already used the BootMii v0.2 installer earlier for installation of HBC 1.0.3.

No problems during installation of /boot2 version, although I also had to install the /IOS version because my SD-card (2GB) apparantly isn't supported (the blue lights do flash after I power on the console, so I guess that means the /boot2 installation was succesful after all).

I used the HBC to start up BootMii/IOS in order to backup my NAND. No errors whatsoever. I remember using the SD Explorer application (through HBC) afterwards to remove the BootMii installer files from my SD-card, so that application was still working yesterday.

Now though, some applications seem to lock up the Wii when I boot them through the HBC. Just a black screen; only holding the power button helps. Uninstallation of both versions of BootMii did not help. When the /IOS version is installed, the applications that seem to hang, boot up BootMii after a short while ???

I tested all my applications (that I know worked before yesterday and have all been updated recently through HBB):
STILL WORKS:
WiiEarth
Edited Out
Edited Out
ScummVM
GeckoOS

NOT ANYMORE:
SD Explorer
Visual Boy Advance GX
Snes9x GX
MPlayer CE
FTPii

Reformatting my SD-card also did not change anything.
No other changes to Wii configuration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 09:18PM by Arikado.
Re: Some apps stopped working after BootMii installation
June 05, 2009 04:17PM
That's because the HBC 1.0.3 uses the IOS61 or 55 which is fixed by Nintendo. Downgrading the HBC to version 1.0.1 will help. It uses IOS 36.
June 05, 2009 04:51PM
But I'm pretty sure the HBC asked me to update to v1.0.3 some time ago. How come all applications used to work just fine in that version, but now some don't?

EDIT:
Uninstalled HBC v1.0.3 using the BootMii v0.2 installer, then used BannerBomb to install v1.0.1.

It now says it's using IOS36, v.4.18.

Didn't fix the problem, though. When I start some apps, the screen goes black and in the end the BootMii menu comes up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 05:22PM by ReV_.
June 06, 2009 10:34AM
Although I don't remember installing DVDx, uninstalling it using the BootMii v0.2 installer seems to have fixed my problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login