Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Keyboard not working in homebrew.

Posted by mdbrim 
Keyboard not working in homebrew.
June 09, 2009 03:10PM
I have a wireless usb keyboard that works great in normal Wii apps, but does not work in Homebrew apps. I've tried it on Frodo and DOSBox with no luck.

I saw where the DVDX caused some usb keyboard problems so i uninstalled that but still no joy.

Any ideas?

I have 4.0U
Re: Keyboard not working in homebrew.
June 09, 2009 09:39PM
Try uninstalling DVDX and reinstalling it with the Hackmii Installer beta 2.
June 11, 2009 02:29AM
hmm, well discovered today that it works if you plug it in after the app has started. Kinda a bummer since i was hoping to leave my "dongle" plugged into the wii and not have to get up and unplug then replug it in every time.

i'm guessing the only fix for this is in the way the homebrew is coded.
June 16, 2009 05:15AM
I had the same problem even after uninstalling and reinstalling DVDx (Using Hackmii installer beta 2). I was replugging the keyboard in everytime I started DosBox; however, I soon discovered that it was just a patience problem on my part. Try waiting about 10-15 seconds after the z:> prompt in dosbox and the keyboard works fine. It does for me, anyway. I still cannot get the newest version of FRODO to work without reconnecting the Keyboard each time. I went back to V9 of Frodo which works fine.

Does your keyboard work with the Opera web browser without a replug? What kind of Keyboard are you using?

I hope this helps....
June 19, 2009 10:05PM
Awesome cheenster, thanks for the post!

You are correct... patience problem indeed. after about 10 to 15 sec on dosbox it works like a charm. Just like you said, FRODO v10 does not work so maybe i'll try v9.

I got this bad boy from gizfever.com because it's wireless and most importantly really small so i just pull it out when i need it and stash it with the wii stuff when i don't... it's also white and back lit with a nice blue (almost like it was made for the wii) so it's perfect for wii stuff.

I was lugging around an extra fullsize usb non wireless that was a pain.

It works great with the Opera browser, and the other non homebrew stuff (memos and such) which is what convinced me it wasn't the keyboard.

Maybe Frodo v11 will have a fix :D
February 10, 2010 11:13PM
I have the same problem. I am using an Apple Keyboard and none of these solutions are working. Does anyone know what keyboards are compatable or is it just me?
February 12, 2010 03:09PM
hmm, yeah, if the waiting 30 seconds thing doesn't work, and un plugging and plugging it back in doesn't work, i dunno.

I know the one i linked above works (and like i said, it's white with blue back light so it looks "wii"ish)

i know your standard DELL usb keyboard works...
March 16, 2010 03:43AM
Well, now my keyboard doesn't work with the newest version of Dosbox (Even after the short wait) but it DOES work with the the newest version of Frodo. It will only work with DOSbox IF I plug it in after the application starts which is kind of a pain. 3 Different wireless keyboards do the same thing. Now, Dosbox is the only app that does this for me. I'm not sure what's going on but I am Happy that thr C64 emulator is working with the keyboard. Hopefully, an updated Dosbox will once again work for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login