Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

using usb loader to load DVDs?

Posted by Haas 
using usb loader to load DVDs?
June 14, 2009 01:18AM
That usb loader is a great tool, and I would like to use it for DVD movies, with a 500 gig I can easy put all my dvd movies on one hard-disk. So is this possible?
Re: using usb loader to load DVDs?
June 14, 2009 02:48AM
USB loader isn't supported here. Read the Rules!!
June 14, 2009 04:20AM
I believe that mplayer has USB support and can play your ripped DVDs in some kind of format.
June 14, 2009 05:37AM
WaxyPumpkin72
USB loader isn't supported here. Read the Rules!!
Not necessarily, this is not to run backups or any illegal (Nintendo) material, so this may be a grey area.
However the USB loader does not load movies, (that i know of) only games, so your request to load movies cannot be fulfilled (with USB loader), you might try mplayer or DMP.
June 14, 2009 01:48PM
USB Loader is only for loading "backups" (i.e. pirated games). Something such as MPlayer CE can play videos off USB, but I don't think it can play ripped DVD images (.iso files). You'd have to rip the DVDs and convert the videos to a usable format
June 14, 2009 01:50PM
I read the rules running back-ups is not supported, but I just want to make my wii into a multi-media station. Media center also gives you the ability to copy music and movies, so you don't have to search for your dvd's.
June 14, 2009 02:05PM
MPlayerCE has USB support. Use that. "USB Loader" will not work.
June 14, 2009 05:32PM
Most DVD Rips are in .avi format not .iso.
June 14, 2009 06:19PM
Well, depends on what you mean by rip. Strictly speaking, a DVD image is a .iso. However, you can rip the actual video files from the DVD, usually in .vob format actually I believe. It can then be converted, or with certain software, these two steps are combined, so it is ripped directly to .avi files. However, the video is in .vob format on the DVD. If you were to download a DVD rip from the internet, (which is illegal for commercial DVDs and I am against it), I believe it would be in .iso format for you to burn to a disc.
June 15, 2009 12:01AM
GeeXBox
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login