Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

p2p (wii2wii?) connectivity

Posted by kidkawaii 
p2p (wii2wii?) connectivity
September 25, 2008 06:14PM
sorry if this has already been covered but i was wondering if there was any truth to the fact that you lose the internet channel and online play within games when you install the homebrew channel?

only found out wii homebrew [without mod chips] existed yesterday and the method in which i found out was through a forum message stating that you lose the connectivity.

is this a statement similar to when you use a card like M3DS Real or the R4 with the DS? (original cartridges still connect to other players whereas the rom states played off the card do not)

i dont really connect to other players, in fact, i dont for head-to-head gaming. just for the little functions like internet, miis, photo channel, shopping channel/wiiware gifts, etc..
Re: p2p (wii2wii?) connectivity
September 25, 2008 08:22PM
You don't need the Internet Channel to use the Wii on the Internet, the Internet Channel is basically just Opera, the Internet Browser.

So yes, you can have homebrew games which support network multiplayer, but the games themselves have to be designed to use the features
September 26, 2008 12:11AM
therefore, with the homebrew channel up and running there will be NO disruptions to my normal setup or to the p2p options available on standard wii discs? (like mariokart?)
September 26, 2008 12:20AM
Whilst the Homebrew Channel uses the Wii's network features (ie. for WiiLoad), I've never known it to interfere with anything on my Wii, nor my wireless network in general.

Also, just because you have the Homebrew Channel installed, the network side of it won't activate until you actually start the channel. So if your Wii is off, it'll never interfere with anything you do on the PC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login