Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems with bootmii?

Posted by miphanner 
problems with bootmii?
June 30, 2009 04:03AM
So, I have been trying to install bootmii on my wii, but i get the error "there is no known vulnerable ios installed on this wii. please note that we will not use a fakesigned ios due to security reasons."

EDIT**
how do i get my IOSs back in line so i can get bootmii working? or does it not matter that much and just stick with preloader?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 04:39AM by miphanner.
Re: problems with bootmii?
June 30, 2009 04:21AM
Softmii and bootmii are not related. Softmii is a failure, and its not supported here. Edit your post before your topic gets junkyarded. Also, read the rules. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 04:22AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 30, 2009 04:37AM
^ edit
June 30, 2009 04:41AM
hmmmmmm...not that i can think of. but don't worry about it; it's a convenience, not a neccesity (unless you bricked it). I personally don't have bootmii right now, and i'm not making a big fuss over it. Then again i haven't turned on my wii for 2 months......i'm not really in the mood for it. =p
June 30, 2009 05:01AM
Thanks for your reply

so until i run into a problem i can just continue on?
June 30, 2009 05:08AM
uh yeah i guess so
June 30, 2009 05:40AM
is there something that is more recommended?
June 30, 2009 03:25PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Softmii and bootmii are not related. Softmii is a failure, and its not supported here. Edit your post before your topic gets junkyarded. Also, read the rules. :)
Since when did you take over my job? Read the forum etiquette section in the rules. Please use the report button instead next time. And, FYI. I saw this last night but was planning on moving it when I woke up. Not chastising anyone. Good grief!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 03:25PM by Arikado.
June 30, 2009 03:28PM
...Anyways, you shouldn't have edited out SoftMii because it is the reason you can't install BootMii as an IOS. Part of SoftMii is a set of WADs called cIOScorps. The moron who wrote them decided it would be a good idea not to put a version number in there so they couldn't be overwritten. To fix your problem, you'll need to use one of tools in SoftMii to uninstall all of the cIOScorps WADs.
June 30, 2009 04:38PM
thank you for the direct answer, sorry about posting in the wrong section

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 04:40PM by miphanner.
July 02, 2009 10:38PM
and to the guy saying you dont need bootmii until you run into a problem - what?!? the whole point of bootmii is that you can install before you have problems so its there when/if you have problems. you cant use it if you already have problems, as you have no way to install, and even if you did, you wouldn't have a NAND backup from when it was working. And it is in no way a convenience. The only convenient thing it can do is boot HBC when you power on, which is already possible with preloader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login