Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

random freeze

Posted by douglas_p76 
random freeze
July 11, 2009 04:37AM
i have installed homebrew using the bannerbomb,hackmii,bootmii setup. i have been using it for a few days and randomly it will freeze and i will have to unplug the wii to restart. it has done it on wiiradio,duck hunt,bowfishing and maybe a few other games. i have read to delete the private file from the sd card. is this something u should do after the install or is this something u do if u have problems. also i have not updated my nand yet, should i do this and if i do can i store the backup on my pc for safe keeping. if any more info is needed please let me know , and thanks to all the people that help keep this site going.
Re: random freeze
July 11, 2009 04:49AM
You can remove the private folder if you want to, but I don't know if that will help. You could try removing any external devices (GC memory cards, GC controllers, USB device, etc.), because sometimes having one of those crashes an app.

About the bootmii backup process...Do you have bootmii installed as boot2? Then yes, you should backup your NAND. You can keep it on your computer for safe keeping, too. Its exactly what I do, and I haven't had any problems.

Hope that helps answer your questions!! :D
July 12, 2009 03:58AM
im pretty sure that i have bootmii in boot2, and i dont have anything hooked to the wii except the expansion port for rock band with the multiple ports, could that be the cause, i havent read of the wiiradio messing up on anyone elses wii. just curious if it was something that i did wrong, it will be playing the music ok then out of the blue it will freeze and i have to unplug the wii. is there any clue as to what the cause could be. if u think it could be the expansion port i will unplug it and see if it helps,
July 12, 2009 06:37AM
douglas_p76
im pretty sure that i have bootmii in boot2

You'd know if you had bootmii as boot2 because it replaces the startup with a screen alternate than the sytem menu...

douglas_p76
and i dont have anything hooked to the wii except the expansion port for rock band with the multiple ports

That might be the problem, just unplug it and see if it helps.
July 12, 2009 01:26PM
You can set up BootMii to basically skip itself, but I don't think that is the case here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login