Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Version 4.1?

Posted by Zane 
Wii Version 4.1?
July 16, 2009 05:21AM
If I download Wii Version 4.1 Will Homebrew still work?
Just wondering because I have a whole bunch of SNES and NES games that want to play and not get erased.
Just wondering.
Re: Wii Version 4.1?
July 16, 2009 05:26AM
1. Most likely homebrew is not affected at all
2. If the games are roms on your sd card, they wouldn't be erased. If they're illegal WADs then you shouldn't have them. If they're from the wii shop they'll stay
July 16, 2009 06:01AM
You dont live in Japan. How do you plan to install 4.1?
Fail. Reading ftw!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 06:09AM by Arikado.
July 16, 2009 06:04AM
my US Wii just asked me to update
July 16, 2009 06:12AM
Arikado
You dont live in Japan. How do you plan to install 4.1?
Fail. Reading ftw!
Yeah right when I read this I checked the wiimpersonator logs. It hadn't even been on WiiBrew yet :)
But yeah, it's basically the same as 4.0 homebrew-wise
July 16, 2009 11:54AM
4.1 is out?!? In Europe and USA, or just USA?
July 16, 2009 04:15PM
SifJar
Europe and the USA. It's the exact same thing as 4.0 with a small change in the system menu to fix a bug in Wii Sports Resort. In other words, it's safe to update if you're already on 4.0
July 16, 2009 04:43PM
What about Korea?

By the Way, which frimware versions are used in South American countries, esspecially in Brazil.
What about China? Was the Wii ever released anywhere in Africa?

somebody
Little rant:
Do you hate it, if you have to wait for a game, because you live in the U.S. or Europe?
Do you feel forgotten?
Yes? Then go ahead and be a good example.
Mention Australia, 4.1E is not just for Europe. And I believe the small country north to the US called Canada would also like to be mentionend, when you talk about 4.1U.
July 16, 2009 04:58PM
Well, soz, but two points : 1) Europe always has to wait longer than USA for games, so you can't complain if you live in USA and 2) I said Europe and USA because the firmware letters are E (for Europe) and U (for USA). If I listed all countries using each it'd take ages. I guess what I should have said was PAL and NTSC-U, as that would cover it.
July 16, 2009 06:46PM
daniel_c_w
What about Korea?

By the Way, which frimware versions are used in South American countries, esspecially in Brazil.
What about China? Was the Wii ever released anywhere in Africa?

All the three Americas use the U firmwares, including the officially distributed Wii consoles.
And the console were never officially released at Africa or China, so them import from other regions.

(Althought importing something to China doesn't make much sense...)

EDIT: Wow, I'm dumb, missed the first question =P
Korea uses some exclusive Korean firmware (K), there is some tech talk about it at Hackmii Blog.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 06:47PM by DanielHueho.
July 16, 2009 09:27PM
OK, I dowloaded the Wii Homebrew and set it up last weekend. However, I have a SNES emulator but apparently those run from the SD card and may not be affected. However I've been using it in my Animal Crossing City Folk game. Would the 4.1 update erase my game since it's been modified? And will others who already downloaded 4.1 be able to download Homebrew and use all its features as I have several friends who are interested in using it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 09:29PM by mcorleone.
July 16, 2009 09:38PM
You've been using a SNES emulator in Animal Crossing?
July 16, 2009 09:51PM
No not in AC. That's a separate program. I've been using ACToolkit to alter my town in AC:CF by regrowing my grass, reviving my flowers etc....
July 16, 2009 09:55PM
The update would only remove the Twilight Hack
July 18, 2009 08:38AM
mcorleone
OK, I dowloaded the Wii Homebrew and set it up last weekend. However, I have a SNES emulator but apparently those run from the SD card and may not be affected. However I've been using it in my Animal Crossing City Folk game. Would the 4.1 update erase my game since it's been modified? And will others who already downloaded 4.1 be able to download Homebrew and use all its features as I have several friends who are interested in using it.

just confirming that it does not delete AC hacked files. i just updated and mine is fine. :)
July 19, 2009 05:53PM
I have held off from updating my Wii for a long time. I finally broke down and upgraded from 3.3 to 4.1 based on stuff I read saying there should be no issues.

I just updated to 4.1 and the HBC is still installed but it no longer works. Nothing got erased on my SD card, but the HBC doesn't goto the loading screen anymore it just goes to a black screen. Anyone else have a similar issue with US regioned Wii?
July 19, 2009 05:54PM
folderol4
Anyone else have a similar issue with US regioned Wii?
Solution --> [forum.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 05:54PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login