Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nunchuck issues with HomeBrew titles

Posted by Kammesennin 
Nunchuck issues with HomeBrew titles
July 24, 2009 12:25AM
Hello, I'm sure you can tell, but I'm new to the whole HomeBrew scene. I successfully installed the HBC, and bootmii was installed as boot2 I'm happy to say! I got the HBB and everything is fine, but when I go to play a title such as Doom or Quake, my nunchuck doesn't quite work right.

I have tested it on typical Wii applications (Zelda, Mario Galaxy, SSBB, etc...) and the nunchuck works fine for them, but any HomeBrew that requires a nunchuck I seem to only be able to go backwards or left via the control stick on the nunchuck. Pressing the stick either up or right results in the same thing as pressing it down. And it seems only on occasion that the left works properly. Does anyone on here have any suggestions, or even reasons for this to occur?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Re: Nunchuck issues with HomeBrew titles
July 24, 2009 01:01AM
Yes, it's a known issue. Developers only need to compile with the latest libogc (from the svn) to fix the issue with their apps.
July 24, 2009 03:10PM
So there is nothing I can do console-side to fix this? I should've assumed that anyway, but thank you very much! Is there anything pc-side I can do to correct this mistake, or is the solution you gave the only one?

Oh, and thanks very much for the quick response!
July 24, 2009 03:16PM
Well, if the homebrew you want to play has the source available, you can download the source and devkitpro and the latest libogc and recompile them yourself. Although some wont compile using the latest libogc, and would need modified, and unless you're a programmer, you probably wont be able to do the modifications to the source without bothering someone who is, and they may not like that, but still some should compile which would fix the issues with some.
July 24, 2009 11:21PM
I couldn't call myself a full-fledged programmer, but I do have some knowledge and would be willing to tinker around with stuff and test it out... if I brick, I've got bootmii installed as boot2 and already backed up the NAND, so I should be good.

Also, I just went to a buddy's house, and booted Doom on his Wii (was trying to install HBC using the bannerbomb method, but I forgot my current boot.dol was for doom on the SD card... I know it shouldn't be at all, but it was, lol), and the nunchuck seemed to work alright. It was buggy... like a GGE909 PC Recoil Pad for PC if you've ever used one, but it did work. Still doesn't seem to work on mine, but I'll check if those programs are open source and screw around with'em if so, thanks for the suggestion :)

EDIT: He has system menu 4.1 actually, so I was surprised to see anything happen at all. Could this have anything to do with the nunchuck differences?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 11:23PM by Kammesennin.
July 25, 2009 05:17AM
Quite frankly, compiling apps for linux gives me headaches. I have no idea how you would go about compiling apps for the wii.

If someone ever compiles a version of quake for wii or wii doom that works with these odd nun-chucks that don't calibrate correctly, could you please post it or let me know? My email is herecomethej@sbcglobal.net
Thank-you
July 25, 2009 03:07PM
Kammesennin
He has system menu 4.1 actually, so I was surprised to see anything happen at all.
You do know that all homebrew (except *barf* themes *orange barf*) works fine on 4.1, don't you?

Kammesennin
Could this have anything to do with the nunchuck differences?
No, it's most likely updated hardware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 03:08PM by Arikado.
July 25, 2009 04:34PM
Arikado
Kammesennin
He has system menu 4.1 actually, so I was surprised to see anything happen at all.
You do know that all homebrew (except *barf* themes *orange barf*) works fine on 4.1, don't you?

Had no idea, just noticed people complaining things weren't working after updating... should've looked further into those topics before posting.
July 30, 2009 01:01PM
Kammesennin
I couldn't call myself a full-fledged programmer, but I do have some knowledge and would be willing to tinker around with stuff and test it out... if I brick, I've got bootmii installed as boot2 and already backed up the NAND, so I should be good.

Well, there would be little or no chance of you bricking by modifying Doom, it doesn't access NAND AFAIK (certainly dont see why it should), and therefore there shoudnt be a risk. But it'd simply be a case of updating some code to make it compile under the latest libogc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login