Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Devkitppc Setup

Posted by musicalmatt 
Devkitppc Setup
July 31, 2009 06:58PM
Ok. So I'm trying to start making my own homebrew for wii. I'm reading the instructions exactly as written on the Wiibrew website. I come across the "Run the Hello World Example on the Wii using wiiload" and that is where i have stopped. Can somone help me understand all this? All I can tell you is that I want to load homebrew that I have written over a wireless network. From what I could understand through the links I clicked on i need "WiiTCPLoadGUI". Can someone explain how i get this. Okay now I have gotten confused from everything that i have written. My main question, Can someone tell me how to load my homebrew onto the wii in a way that it will work
Re: Devkitppc Setup
July 31, 2009 07:14PM
I read a little more about development. I understand a little but NOT MUCH about this. any ideas? ill take anything :)
Re: Devkitppc Setup
July 31, 2009 07:54PM
You could just run it like any other from HBC. Just stick it in its own folder in apps, then run it from HBC.

But for WiiLoad, I believe you need to start hbc, press home, note the IP address, then press back. Then start the WiiLoad app on PC, enter wii's IP address as hostname, select .dol file, set protocol as Homebrew Channel and then hit send. Then a bar should come up on your wii and say recieving and flash red, then it'll start. I have never actually used it, but I believe this is the process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 07:55PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login