Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get cheats working on Madworld using Ocarina (and misc. cheat questions)

Posted by GrungeKid17 
Whenever I use Ocarina to boot MadWorld with cheats, the game boots to a blue screen saying

"ERROR #2
An Error has occured.
Please eject the game disc, remove the game disc, and power off the game console.
Please read the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions."

I checked to make sure the ID code is the same as the cheats I downloaded, and the game boots and plays fine using the Disc Channel. The disc has minimal scratches so I don't see whats going wrong. I've used Ocarina with Guitar Hero World Tour and Metroid Prime 3 and it worked fine. Please help! (Also, first post! :P)

As for the misc questions, does anyone know if ther are cheats being developed for Guitar Hero:Metallica, Guitar Hero:Smash Hits and Rock Band 2 (primarily Money cheats)?
Give Gecko OS a shot - Ocarina was integrated with it a while back.
It works! Gecko OS loaded the game with cheats! TY! :)

Another odd thing though, is now the "Unlimited Virtual Console Game Time," "misc LoZ:OoT cheats that go with it, and "99 Lives" on Kirbys Adventure cheats work with SSBB. However, other cheats such as, anything involving Multi-Man Brawl, or any cheat involved in the actual Super Smash Bros Brawl game freezes my Wii whenever I try to use it. It's confusing... :P
As far as SSBB goes... playing as wario man was great fun, but after that and some other hacks... my save file was completely trashed. I had to restart fresh :|
So all I can offer you is the above warning... but hopefully someone else can help you. Though, perhaps check the region for the cheats/hacks you are using matches your game.
Re: Can't get cheats working on Madworld using Ocarina (and misc. cheat questions)
August 01, 2009 10:06AM
I think I remember reading that too many long codes activated at once freezes the game, so maybe try less codes...?
*face palm* great, now I have to go and delete all my cheat files again (I use Cheat Manager so I have no specific way to recognise SSBB without going out of my way to get the info)and recreate them. :P

I guess I'll do it. Cuz now some of the cheats work and others cause the game to crash.
GOt the cheats to work, just had to turn some off like you suggested. Thanks! :)

Anyways, I have another problem (I hate being a Homebrew n00b).

I downloaded WiiConnect a few days ago and whenever I load it up, it boots to a black screen and nothing happens. I'm currently running System Menu 4.0. Any suggestions?
GrungeKid17
I downloaded WiiConnect a few days ago and whenever I load it up, it boots to a black screen and nothing happens. I'm currently running System Menu 4.0. Any suggestions?

Off topic. Belongs in the Homebrew Applications forum.
Anyways:
It happens to me too. It just boots to a black screen and I have to turn the power off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login