Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii wont play wii fit

Posted by yon2501 
wii wont play wii fit
August 08, 2009 04:35PM
about a month ago i modded a friends 4.0 virgin wii with the 4.0 hack and told him never to do any updates from nintendo and such, he says he hasnt updated but for some reason his wii will no longer play wii fit and another game which i forget the name of right now... anyway im going over there today to take a look at it and see if i can fix it but google has failed me and i cant seem to find any posts anywhere concerning this issue. if anyone knows anything about this or a way to fix it let me know.
Re: wii wont play wii fit
August 08, 2009 05:32PM
Wii Fit backup or import?
August 08, 2009 07:28PM
no he actually owns it, both wii fit and wii music tell him that he needs to update to play but both those games work on lower versions of wii, and he has 4.0u.
August 08, 2009 08:20PM
Its just a harmless IOS update. Just update. (Or use start patch)
August 08, 2009 08:30PM
Or GeckoOS
August 12, 2009 10:30PM
startpatch if it is just an update disc check but if its an import...... gecko os
August 13, 2009 05:33PM
TopGun96
startpatch if it is just an update disc check but if its an import...... gecko os
Say what?

You could use either regardless of whether or not the game is an import.

All StartPatch does is disable the system menu from reading/recognizing the update partition and region of the disc.
All GeckoOS does is launch a game via ignoring the update partition and disc region.

(I think StartPatch is more convenient to use though)
August 13, 2009 07:24PM
Actually there is a problem with startpatch and region free wii discs (check the talk page)
August 13, 2009 07:33PM
The main page claims the NTSCU hacks all work perfectly.

(The only issues I saw on the talk page were with people who didn't have their Wii's set up properly)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 07:33PM by Arikado.
August 13, 2009 09:11PM
Look at the "No GCN" section. Region free wii doesn't work! You loose the ability to play GC games.
August 13, 2009 09:48PM
TopGun96
Look at the "No GCN" section. Region free wii doesn't work! You loose the ability to play GC games.
That doesn't mean it doesn't work. According to the conversation, it does work, it just disables GCN functionality.

Also, it's impossible to know which versions contain this bug. Perhaps the 4.1 versions fix the bug. Or perhaps only the 4.0 japanese version has the "No GCN" bug. The discussion is far to vague to gather any concrete information from.
August 13, 2009 10:13PM
I happen to know from personal experience that it is 4.1 that has that bug.

Arikado
That doesn't mean it doesn't work. According to the conversation, it does work, it just disables GCN functionality.

Sorry that is what I meant to say.
August 13, 2009 10:26PM
So 4.0 is fine?

Also, what 4.1 region are you using?
August 13, 2009 10:35PM
I never tried on 4.0 and I am on 4.1U
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login