Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDHC on Wii Status?

Posted by s3rvant 
SDHC on Wii Status?
August 10, 2009 11:01PM
I just upgraded from a 256mb SD card to a Kingston 16gb SDHC card and noticed that my apps aren't working

So, I am running Wii Menu 4.1u - HBC v1.0.3 - HBB v0.3.4 - FCE Ultra GX v3.0.8 - Mplayer CE v0.72

All work on the small SD card, but only HBC itself will load on the SDHC. All the others give an error related to loading/finding the SD card. So far I have tried reformatting the card, uninstalling/reinstalling each of the apps including HBC and made sure they all still run on the SD card (they do).

I've read several forums on this topic and it seems some apps are working on it and others have had varied success, but I would like to know if anyone here has had any success running apps on a SCHC card and if so did you have to do anything special to get it to work? It would also be nice if app authors would drop comments as to the status of their individual projects as well.
Re: SDHC on Wii Status?
August 10, 2009 11:06PM
Just to confirm, you can launch applications from the HBC, correct?
August 10, 2009 11:33PM
I am having the same problem as s3rvant, if i open homebrew channel i can see all my apps, and run almost all, but on programs wich reads the sdhc card, even the ones wich support , they doesnt recognize the card. On Sd menu and all others wii menus everything works perfect.
August 11, 2009 03:36PM
And which SDHC Card are you using? And which apps won't read it? (Name at least 3)
August 11, 2009 04:26PM
I am using a Dane-Elec 8gb Sdhc, and isnt working Snes9GX, Code Downloader and Homebrew Browser for example. On Snes9GX it runs, but dont find the Sd card to load the roms, Homebrew Browser gives some error with FAT and after come back to homebrew channel, and Code Downloader stay on a black screen and after reset to Homebrew Channel. Programs that dont use the Sdhc after run, like mahjongwii and wiiearth works normally here.

What is more strange is all this was working normally before, on this same sdhc, but without any difference on the console they stopped to work from a day to another.
August 11, 2009 08:35PM
Sounds like your SDHC Card may be dieing. If it was once working, then you certainly can't blame homebrew that it's not working now.
August 12, 2009 12:10AM
Well i dont know if is my card, even because dont have 1 month that i have, so is strange if is already dieing, and i saw some people who had similar problems as mine. In same way, if my SDHC is dieing, why it runs programs that doesnt read the card after run? I believe if the problem was only the card wouldnt work to run any program
August 12, 2009 01:42AM
You said that at one point it worked perfectly, and then it stopped working all of a sudden. That sounds like dieing to me. (Anyone else wanna weigh in on this?)
August 12, 2009 02:29PM
For what it's worth, I had a similar problem with my 16Gb Kingston....this was pre-HBC1.0.3.....I had it wall working fine once (literally, just once) and then once opened HBC the 2nd time, everything stopped working (ie, nothing was listed). I found that HBC seemed to be corrupting my card in some way (the Wii still saw it though - just not HBC). I had managed to fix it a few times by formatting the card using my PC and the SD Formatter program from sdcard.org, but it remained a one time thing. Everytime it would work only once. This, for me, stopped with HBC1.0.3. Now my only problem is with HBB not seeing my card, which is documented here:
http://dev.codemii.com/issues/show/86
August 21, 2009 06:39AM
Sry for long delay, yes I can launch apps from HBC, they just can't read from the sdhc card. FCE Ultra loads up and begins to search for roms, fails to find them. I specify the sd card and it can't read it. MPlayer and HBB both fail to launch fully, they attempt to read the card prior to reaching their main screens.

The card works fine on my pc, so no clue why it won't work in the wii
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login