Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I installed BootMii is my wii now safe?

Posted by overbound 
I installed BootMii is my wii now safe?
August 14, 2009 05:07AM
I installed bootmii using bannerbomb so my wii is essentially unbrickable now right? If not how do, I install bootmii so that it is unbrickable.
Re: I installed BootMii is my wii now safe?
August 14, 2009 05:27AM
Well it is sorta unbrickable because even if everything (save HBC and the IOS it uses) is corrupt you can most likely fix it with some app or another because this let's you boot directly to the Homebrew Channel. (skipping the corrupt system menu).
Plus if you make a NAND backup and then screw EVERYTHING up (minus boot2) you will then be able to restore that backup and fix it. (but make sure you store the backup of your NAND in a safe place)
August 14, 2009 05:27AM
use the hackmii installer with bannerbomb you can get it here
August 14, 2009 05:43AM
darklink
use the hackmii installer with bannerbomb you can get it here
that's what I did so this is as unbrickable as the wii gets then?
August 14, 2009 09:10AM
Yes, if you installed it as Boot2. i advise that you IMMEDIATELY backup your NAND.
August 15, 2009 04:17AM
Ok so I want to do the nand backup with bootmii but I cannot seem to find a guide to how to do it with bootmii. Also I don't know if this means anything or not but when I got to the hb channel and press home and select bootmii my wii seems to reset but not boot up.

I'm also noticing that it seems the wii should boot up differently with bootmii installed mine doesn't. But as I said I installed it with the hackmii installer and it said it was a success.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2009 04:22AM by overbound.
August 16, 2009 01:50AM
wait did you install it as boot 2 or as an ios??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login