Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DDR homebrew app idea??

Posted by Cloud90 
DDR homebrew app idea??
August 01, 2008 06:14AM
dont kno if this was ever posted in the old one that i guess exsisted before the re-did it..idk im new =P

anyways i just recently got into homebrewing my Wii and its just awesome...and i checked out that whole GuitarFun app that u can get off the browser and just as i played it i looked to my right and saw my DDR pad....Soo what im saying is if we can get a Wii app port of Frets of Fire why can we get a Wii app Port for Stepmania??? xD....its a sick idea and i think i would def use my wii sooooo much more just because of that..idk about u guys..whos with me ^+^
Re: DDR homebrew app idea??
August 01, 2008 06:44AM
I'm not a big fan of DDR, but than again i'm not a fan of guitar hero ether. Well i say that a DDR app would be awesome, like being able to add your own song and putting the beats where even you want. I know what song I would put Frank Zappa- Catholics Girls, so i'm for the idea.
August 01, 2008 06:54AM
I am relatively certain that DtD is working on a port of Stepmania for the Wii. As far as I know, he has been busy with his other projects lately, and this is just supposed to be a side project. But, Stepmania most likely will be coming to Wii, so rejoice!
August 01, 2008 07:36AM
well its great news that hes working on it...but bad news that its only a side project :(...but i really hope he completes it..i think it would def be an awesome App.
August 01, 2008 08:49AM
At first he spent so much time on Stepmania for Wii that his team got angry with him for not working on what is supposed to be his main project. I believe his main project is DtD Tower Defense 2. Here is the homepage for the first one [www.dtdsoft.com] I don't know how the Stepmania project is currently though, when I last checked on it he was busy with his main project, but that was some time ago.
August 31, 2008 03:07AM
Someone should port stepmania and frets on fire into the same app, lol.

Stepping to the beat and jamming the solo at the same time would be pretty epically geeky.
September 10, 2008 04:04AM
Maybe we could tie Wiimotes to our legs and use the motion sensors instead of having a pad.
January 15, 2009 01:45AM
Does anyone have contact with DtD? I am interested in getting his source code. It may not be functional but it is a base for someone to start off of.
January 16, 2009 08:01PM
Actually, DtD canceled it for internal reasons.

DtD
Ok, I need to put something public up so I can stop getting emails about it.

StepMania: Wii has officially been canceled as a project by DtD Software.
For legal reasons (unique to us, someone else can still port StepMania) we will not be able to continue the project after DtD Tower Defense.

Also, I won't be releasing the source code for three reasons:
1) Most of my changes were directly to devKitPro and were quick-and-easy fixes to bugs that have probably been fixed by now.
2) It should be easier for another developer to port it because of the more mature homebrew community.
3) I just noticed that it got eaten by my recent hard drive reformat. (Tilde Virus, and it was long overdue for one anyway.)
January 16, 2009 08:59PM
Sounds like they never did any work at all.
January 17, 2009 01:48AM
He did. I found source from old old old old times. I would consider it sooner or later.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login