Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GameCube games have trouble running

Posted by DisneyPrincess 
GameCube games have trouble running
August 15, 2009 11:43PM
Even since I installed the HBC and bootmii, my gamecube games cannot run via system menu. The video is completely cut off and there's just sound. Button inputs seem to work though. It loads if I boot it from Gecko OS, but receives an error if I try to play it. (The game in question is Ikaruga). The GC version of Twilight Princess works fine under Gecko, but, like Ikaruga, does not have picture if run from the System Menu.

If it matters, I used AnyRegionChanger to change my shop menu to Japanese so I could buy Muscle March.
Re: GameCube games have trouble running
August 16, 2009 12:07AM
Have you installed anything else other than the hackmii installer stuff? HBC can't cause this behavior.
August 17, 2009 07:50PM
DisneyPrincess
If it matters, I used AnyRegionChanger to change my shop menu to Japanese so I could buy Muscle March.

What region is your Ikaruga, the japanese use NTSC-J which is slightly different to NTSC but still is different. also, i havent checked but is ikaruga compatible with gecko os
August 18, 2009 04:58AM
All the apps installed are as followed:

IOS Downgrade V1.1
AnyRegion Changer
DootMii Config Editor
Christmas Countdown
Christmas-type Adventure
Code Downloader
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
DVDx Installer 3.4
FCE Ultra GX
Gecko
Genesis Plus GX
Homebrew Browser
iiii
MPlayer CE
MyMenufy GUI
Ocarina
pcsx-revolution
Quake
RedSquare
ScummVM
SMS Plus GX
Snes 9X GX
Starfall
Visual Boy Advance GX
Wii2600
WiiDoom
WiiRadio
Wolfenstein 3D
X and O
Yabause

Ikaruga isn't imported or anything and it worked fine on my Gamecube, so I'm pretty sure its NTSC.
August 18, 2009 10:56AM
My guess is you changed the video output. I think this is possible with AnyRegion Changer, and it explains why it works in Gecko OS, as it can change video mode. Dunno why there is the error in Gecko though...

But anyway, try running AnyRegion Changer again and see if you can change the video setting back to NTSC-U.
August 19, 2009 03:54AM
Language Setting: English
Console Area Setting: USA
Game Region Setting: USA
Console Video Mode: NTSC
Shop Country Code: 1
Services EULA: Read
August 19, 2009 10:38AM
great. all USA settings.
January 29, 2010 08:35AM
I just had the exact same problem today and believe it or not I had just bought ikaruga and was trying to play it. I hadn't played any gamecube games for awhile before though so I can't say if it started when I tried playing ikaruga or not, but I tried playing other gamecube games afterward and the video wont work either, and when I open them in a GC booter on the homebrew channel they will load but then freeze up. Can anyone think of any solutions?
January 29, 2010 09:33AM
SifJar
My guess is you changed the video output. I think this is possible with AnyRegion Changer, and it explains why it works in Gecko OS, as it can change video mode. Dunno why there is the error in Gecko though...

But anyway, try running AnyRegion Changer again and see if you can change the video setting back to NTSC-U.

I fixed it, it was because the video mode got changed/disabled, but it was through starfall. To fix it just launch starfall and disable the anyregion setting for gc. At least that's how I fixed it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login