Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's ok to use USB 4 homebrew?

Posted by DarkCore09 
It's ok to use USB 4 homebrew?
August 20, 2009 01:26AM
I finished installing homebrew on my wii and I just realized that I could keep my applications in a USB instead of an SD card (which I only borrowed from a cousin). Is it fine? because when I try to open a song (with Wii Media Player) it turns a bit slow and some times it freezes. Sorry, I'm not very good in english. Thanks in advanced
Re: It's ok to use USB 4 homebrew?
August 20, 2009 01:51AM
Well some apps will work on USB (actually most that I use) However they must be coded to work off USB.
August 20, 2009 02:02AM
Yeah, some apps just don't work from USB
August 20, 2009 02:25PM
You could probably use USB2 cIOS to speed up USB2 compatible devices, mostly hard drives, but you don't have to. Some apps may not support USB2 or USB at all. Remember, installing custom IOSes like cIOS USB2 require downgrading and all that to get it installed, so it is quite dangerous.

And yes, I use USB for homebrew stuff. Downloading and extracting Super Tux Wii with Homebrew Browser to USB took over a hour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 02:53PM by Matoking.
August 20, 2009 04:12PM
USB2.0cIOS ONLY works with MPlayer CE, and will not affect other USB homebrew. They all operate at USB1.1 speeds, as does MPlayer CE with the cIOS.
August 20, 2009 04:18PM
Thanks, I purchased an SD card anyway (it was cheaper than expected) and all runs lightly. I still don't know much about the cIOS so I wouldn't like to mess up with them xD
August 20, 2009 04:22PM
Good idea. Best to stay away from things you dont understand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login