Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii 4.1 Update via Internet or Disc?

Posted by ICEing 
Re: Wii 4.1 Update via Internet or Disc?
September 11, 2009 05:11PM
Trucha Bug is used by many system editing apps. Mainly, Installers. However because Team Twiizers are awesome they no longer need Trucha.
Trucha was killed by the 3.3v2 updae, but pirates always found a way around, through "downgrades" and IOS NAME REMOVED AS I'T'S ILLEGAL.
September 11, 2009 06:45PM
trucha bug is needed to install fakesigned content (e.g. HBC, custom channels, warez), and contrary to what maniac said, TT DO still use it, just in a different form, where it doesnt actually have to be present in any IOS. Its needed for stuff like StartPatch, preloader, gecko os hooks, and warez. Thats about it really.
September 11, 2009 08:29PM
SifJar
trucha bug is needed to install fakesigned content (e.g. HBC, custom channels, warez), and contrary to what maniac said, TT DO still use it, just in a different form, where it doesnt actually have to be present in any IOS. Its needed for stuff like StartPatch, preloader, gecko os hooks, and warez. Thats about it really.

HBC itself or the apps?

What are gecko OS hooks? Some codes I download say to use a certain hook when loading up the cheats.
September 11, 2009 09:13PM
HBC itself. Its fakesigned. It has to be signed or the Wii wont allow it, and if it was actually signed, as opposed to fakesigned, it'd be illegal.

Gecko OS hooks are a feature of Gecko OS which lets you reboot your wii with certain things in place, like region free or usb gecko debugging. Kinda like preloader hacks, but temporary.
September 11, 2009 09:29PM
SifJar
HBC itself. Its fakesigned. It has to be signed or the Wii wont allow it, and if it was actually signed, as opposed to fakesigned, it'd be illegal.

Gecko OS hooks are a feature of Gecko OS which lets you reboot your wii with certain things in place, like region free or usb gecko debugging. Kinda like preloader hacks, but temporary.

I never installed any trucha when installing HBC...it's illegal?

And oh ok about the Gecko OS hooks.
September 11, 2009 09:36PM
no, it would be illegal if they signed it rather than fakesigned it
September 11, 2009 11:15PM
No you dont understand. HBC itself, then channel IS fakesigned. Trucha is one method USED to install it. It is not required anymore (sort of) because Twiizers have found a way to install fakesigned content WITHOUT trucha. HBC is perfectly legal.

EDIT: Cactus Jack is correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 12:39PM by SifJar.
September 11, 2009 11:47PM
more info about trucha bug here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 11:48PM by TopGun96.
September 12, 2009 07:19PM
Oh I got it now. So should I really concern myself with the Trucha bug or not really?
September 12, 2009 08:07PM
If you want to install preloader on anything like that after, go for it.
September 12, 2009 10:18PM
For most people, no. The only thing I can think of that end-users may want (i.e. non-hackers) that is supported here is preloader, so if thats important to you, try to get/keep trucha bug. Otherwise, you'll be fine without it.
September 12, 2009 10:19PM
Ithink it's best to keep at least one Trucha IOS, incase something goes wrong.
September 12, 2009 10:23PM
Yeah, probably a good idea. In a brick, its easier to fix with a trucha IOS present.
September 12, 2009 10:25PM
So, what do you think, SifJar? I think Trucha.
September 12, 2009 10:28PM
Yeah, its probably worth it. I personally have no trucha IOS in my wii, and I dont really have any need for them at the moment.
September 12, 2009 10:29PM
I have a 3.2 and therefore all are Trucha.
September 12, 2009 10:44PM
You should update, but keep trucha. Its really easy, just update IOS61 with WiiSCU and select +trucha, then update through System Settings, then use dop-IOS MOD running on IOS61 to patch any other IOSes you want.
September 12, 2009 10:47PM
I would say IOS 36 and 35 would need patching after.
September 12, 2009 11:03PM
metroid_maniac
I have a 3.2 and therefore all are Trucha.
Me too. I like it. :)
Keep your trucha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 11:04PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 12, 2009 11:12PM
metroid_maniac
I would say IOS 36 and 35 would need patching after.

Definitely, a lot of homebrew that requires trucha uses IOS 36 (and a few use IOS 35)

I am on 4.1 and have a bunch of Trucha IOSs (legally of course) you should update (with trucha)... the SD menu is nice
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login