Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hackmii uninstall

Posted by wmiikeyy 
hackmii uninstall
August 31, 2009 01:40AM
Hi, after a long time of trying at yahoo answers I come to you,

basicly my brother installed homebrew without me knowing, (my wii is 4.1E, made in 2007)
he used the hackmii installer, but deleted the homebrew channel.

If i load the hackmii installer, install homebrew again and uninstall it will it remove all the logs/ data etc?
Re: hackmii uninstall
August 31, 2009 03:25AM
If you don't mind... Why don't you want the HomeBrew Channel? And I believe it will (some one else confirm)
August 31, 2009 02:20PM
because its illegal and stops upadates apprently? Which apparently breaks your wii, I have deleted the homebrew channel with the tickets and logs (what ever they are) left. Im worried that nintendo will detect these, but then in the agreement it says "if any unauthorised software is found", not any logs, so im in two minds in that will judge the logs big enough to break a wii or not. My brother havn't installed anything in homebrew, he said he instaled everything on the hackmii installer. (he said it contained only a security program and homebrew) + I formatted my memory if that helps.

Edit: If I deleted the homebrew channel, do I have to re install it via hackmii, and uninstall it via hackmii to remove it tottally?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 02:25PM by wmiikeyy.
August 31, 2009 02:24PM
Its not illegal, and doesnt stop updates. It doesnt break your wii. there is no way Nintendo will EVER brick you for having homebrew, THAT'S illegal. Seriously, you should leave homebrew on it. The thing in the agreement - 1. It doesnt say that. 2. Its just talk, they cant break your wii intentionally and in fact in most countries I dont think they can even remove homebrew legally.
August 31, 2009 02:36PM
Where did you get that idea?

The homebrew channel is not illegal. If you use it for illegal reasons then what you were doing would be. It is illegal in most countries for nintendo to brick your wii and even to remove the HBC.

The "security" system he was talking about is bootmii. Look up what it does. It can help many people in a bad situation.
Nothing that is on wiibrew.org is illegal
August 31, 2009 03:25PM
ok good, so, having homebrew isn't softmodding your wii? Also,i found out the hackmii installer has dvdx (which forces your wii to write illegal stuff?) when i formatted my wii, did that remove it, because if it aallows your wii to write illegal stuff, isnt that illegal?

& thanks guys, from all the research iv'e been doing homebrew is bad, I wish nintendo altered their update their contract thing to explain about the homebrew update thing in more detail.

August 31, 2009 03:59PM
DVDx doesnt do anything illegal and doesnt let you write anything. Also, formatting your wii will have removed it, hbc and also all your saves and miis. that was a bad move really. and no, the HackMii Installer is not "softmodding". Softmodding is installing cIOS, backup/USB Loaders, illegal IOS WADs, possibly cIOScorp, and WADs, all to allow playing of downloaded (i.e. pirated) games. The pirating of games is illegal and most softmod guides are also illegal, because they contain IOS WADs. cIOScorp is also illegal as it contains IOS WADs. However, HackMii Installer does none of that, it is completely legal. The creators are very much against piracy.
August 31, 2009 04:55PM
ok thanks :). So, it'd be safe to update to the next version once it comes out?
August 31, 2009 04:59PM
Yes. I would wait a little and wait for reports first.
September 01, 2009 12:59AM
I just thought that this would be a good time to comment on the "softmodding" thing.

In the purest sense of the word, yes, installing any piece of homebrew on your Wii is softmodding. However, in the more piracy-oriented side of the Wii homebrew community, softmodding usually means filling every IOS slot with a cIOS, installing an ISO loader, and getting a poorly-done Naruto theme for the Wii Menu, all of which can (and the first will) seriously damage your Wii. WiiBrew, because of these connotations, shies away from using the term.

This does not mean installing homebrew is a bad thing. Just be judicious.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:01AM by WikiFSX.
September 01, 2009 02:23AM
ok thanks guys, just to confirm from topgun96's post, can my homebrew tickets deleted with its ticket in my wii's condition, by installing homebrew, uninstalling it via hackmii?

(I deleted the homebrew channel and formatted)

[Btw, formatting it wasn't a big issue for me as all my mii's were useless and all my saved files i can get from online, plus i didnt get very far on games anyway ;D)
September 01, 2009 01:49PM
Formatting will have got rid of the tickets anyway, so there's no need. But really, there's nothing to be afraid of. Nintendo can't legally do much to people with HBC.
September 04, 2009 07:38PM
So, after formatting, it has got rid of everytrace of home brew and dvdx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 07:41PM by wmiikeyy.
September 04, 2009 08:23PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login