Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDX (mplayer ce 0.75) cannot play dvd on 4.1u

Posted by shayax 
Re: mplayer ce 0.75 cannot play dvd on 4.1u #wiihelp
September 17, 2009 06:44PM
shayax
Could it be an incompatibility issue?

In addition, I am not sure if this is important or not: just to test, I uninstalled DVDX from the Hackmii and then tried to install it using the DVDX installer from the HBC. I tried it in Advanced mode to install DVDX on IOS36 (as stated in the log file) but I got these errors:
Error -2011 installing DVD Stub ticket
Error -2011 installing stub
anyway, I re-installed DVDX from the Hackmii menu and it completed with "succeed" message. Isn't it odd?

not even a little bit odd. the DVDx installer uses a different exploit to the HackMii Installer, and the DVDx one is outdated, and the one used by HackMii isnt. The one used by the DVDx installer isnt present in a fully updated Wii, whereas the one in HackMii Installer is.
Re: DVDX (mplayer ce 0.75) cannot play dvd on 4.1u
September 18, 2009 12:29AM
well, finally I patched IOS36 and installed cIOS. I am now able to read DVDs in mplayer ce on wii.

Additional information available here : [wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 04:01PM by shayax.
September 18, 2009 01:45AM
Please remove that link as it pertains to backups and WADS. Thank You.
September 18, 2009 04:02PM
TopGun96
Please remove that link as it pertains to backups and WADS. Thank You.
OK, I changed the link.
September 19, 2009 02:19AM
I'm having the same problem as shayax. I followed the instructions on the link that's now removed. Before doing it I couldn't install DVDx. Now I can but loading from mplayer ce v0.75 isn't working. If I go in through open>file>wii DVD>i can see the video_ts folder but when I load it takes a long time then I get a weird white pixelated white screen. any ideas? (I've tried several DVDs)
September 19, 2009 09:50AM
Don't go into the DVD options, play the DVD generally. In other words, play the DVD, rather than playing a single piece of content from it.
September 19, 2009 02:29PM
The only place I see to do that on Mplayer ce v0.75 is Open>DVD-video>Play DVD (hangs, not playing dvd) or Play DVD (libdvdnav) (also hangs, not playing DVD).

using open file I can at least confirm that it sees the dvd, but just gets me a splotchy white screen when i try to open a .VOB file
September 19, 2009 08:01PM
Hmm... Libdvdnav usually works for me.
September 23, 2009 01:26PM
any ideas?
Re: DVDX (mplayer ce 0.75) cannot play dvd on 4.2
October 04, 2009 05:25PM
I have system version 4.2. I have installed HBC and DVDX using Hackmii_installer_v0.5. When I load MPlayerCE v0.75 and try to open DVD_Video using a store bought DVD it will say mounting, and then nothing happens.

I've tried to follow all the threads, but I still come up confused on one part.

Do I need to do anything with this cIOS or is that only if I want to use USB? I don't care about using any USB2.0 devices. I was hoping the DVD would just play off of the slot drive in the Wii.

1. If I need to install cIOS, is there a safe one to use with System 4.2?
2. If I don't need to install cIOS, what am I missing to be able to play DVD video?

Thanks!
October 04, 2009 08:26PM
tillman
I have system version 4.2. I have installed HBC and DVDX using Hackmii_installer_v0.5. When I load MPlayerCE v0.75 and try to open DVD_Video using a store bought DVD it will say mounting, and then nothing happens.

I've tried to follow all the threads, but I still come up confused on one part.

Do I need to do anything with this cIOS or is that only if I want to use USB? I don't care about using any USB2.0 devices. I was hoping the DVD would just play off of the slot drive in the Wii.

1. If I need to install cIOS, is there a safe one to use with System 4.2?
2. If I don't need to install cIOS, what am I missing to be able to play DVD video?

Thanks!

It is because Mplayer CE cant read the new DVDX title. Just wait for an update to Mplayer CE.

The cIOS on the wiki is only for USB 2.0 support.
October 04, 2009 08:33PM
TopGun96

It is because Mplayer CE cant read the new DVDX title. Just wait for an update to Mplayer CE.

The cIOS on the wiki is only for USB 2.0 support.

Thank you TopGun! I'm starting to figure this all out now. :)
October 04, 2009 08:40PM
No problem

It is just Ninty fighting a battle they cant win :)
October 04, 2009 11:32PM
Do you have a modchip? If so the problem is you need to install the original DVDx with the advanced install to IOS 254. You also need to uninstall the newer DVDx, because newly compiled apps will use that new version (which won't work with your chipped Wii).

Getting a -2011 trying to install the original DVDx? That's because your IOS36 doesn't have ES Identify. Use Dop IOS MOD to download a new IOS36, and tell it to patch in trucha and ES identify.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.