Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't install Homebrew

Posted by Kuthor 
Can't install Homebrew
September 17, 2009 01:59AM
I recently purchased a wii (June) and it is ver 3.4u. I have never done any updates so far. I have followed the install guide exactly as it says, but when I put my sd card in the wii it sees the card but nothing on it. Also I recently purchased Beatles Rockband and it forces you to update your system, I have not accepted the update yet but am wonder if I do so will it help or hinder me more to be able to install HBC? Please help.
Re: Can't install Homebrew
September 17, 2009 04:53AM
1. Are you using bannerbomb and the hackmii installer?
2. If so make sure your SD is set up as follows.
/Private/wii/title/atkn/content.bin This is bannerbomb.
/boot.dol This should be the hackmii installer.

3. Make sure you go to "data management" then "channels" then "SD Card"
September 17, 2009 10:14PM
Yes I am using Bannerbomb and Hackmii. I have tried bannerbomb ver aad1f_v108, aad1_v108, aad20_v108, aad22_v108, and aad26_v108. Hackmii comes with a boot.elf file but I have also downloaded an app that had a boot.dol file, tried those 2 seperatly. I have not tried the twillight or the SSBB ways since I don't own either of those games. When I put the sd card into the wii it sees the card but shows no files or anything other than empty blocks.
September 17, 2009 10:16PM
Do you have another private folder already on the SD card? If so, temporarily name it to privateold, or something.
September 17, 2009 10:19PM
The only things on the card are the private folder and its sub folders and the boot.elf file. It has been formated in FAT.
September 17, 2009 10:21PM
Also Make sure you go to the Wii Channel Data and select the "SD" tab rather than Wii, but DO NOT have the SD card in until you select the "SD" tab then insert it.
September 17, 2009 10:24PM
What is your system menu version, Kuthor?
September 17, 2009 10:27PM
I go to the Data Management---Channels----SD Card where I see a message that there is no sd card inserted. At that point I insert the sd card with the files into the wii. It see the card but show only empty blocks and no files or pop up asking to install and my system does not even freeze up. It almost seems like it is ignoring it or something
September 17, 2009 10:27PM
WaxyPumpkin72
What is your system menu version, Kuthor?
??
September 17, 2009 10:30PM
My system menu version is 3.4U
September 17, 2009 10:32PM
I suggest using The Twilight Hack, then.

If you need help installing, just ask!! :D
September 17, 2009 10:36PM
I don't own a copy but I am thinking of now getting one, also I was wondering about wii trying to force an update when I wanted to play Beatles Rockband. I want to start playing it but wondering if I take this update will it hinder me even more to get homebrew installed?
September 17, 2009 10:38PM
Well, since bannerbomb isn't working for you , then yes, it will hinder you from getting homebrew installed.

This is what I suggest:

Go rent a copy of twilight princess, and then install the HBC.
Once you get the HBC installed, you can update to play beatles rockband, otherwise I don't think you'll be able to install the HBC.

Does that make sense?
September 17, 2009 10:39PM
Yep thanks alot, I hope it works.
September 17, 2009 10:43PM
It better!!! lol :P
September 18, 2009 01:19AM
Twillight hacked worked thanks again for the help
September 18, 2009 01:31AM
Kuthor
Twillight hacked worked thanks again for the help
Your welcome! :D

Now, you can go ahead and update with the beatles rockband. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login