Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Running Home Brew Apps Off USB

Posted by plyalex1994 
Running Home Brew Apps Off USB
September 17, 2009 11:01AM
Hi guys I have just installed Homebrew! It works great! I currently have one app which is Homebrew Explorer. Basically I want to know whether or not I can run apps like Mplayer, GeeXboX and Emulators off my 2gb USB flash drive. The reason I want to use the Flash Drive is because the only SD card that I can use is only 16mb and doesn't have any more room for apps.

Thanks Guys!
Re: Running Home Brew Apps Off USB
September 17, 2009 02:12PM
Yeah, I'm sure you can. Try it and see.
September 17, 2009 03:26PM
Emulators and MPlayerCE work just fine with USB devices. (There is also an optional USB 2.0 cIOS that's compatible with MPlayerCe)

Some other apps and games may not work with USB though.
September 18, 2009 12:21AM
SO how do I actually do it? how do I get them to show up in the Homebrew Channel? How do I add this cIOS?
Thanks for the replies
September 18, 2009 12:32AM
The cIOS i don't think is supported here...You'll have to google it.

As for getting apps to appear on the HBC, you need to make a folder on the root of your device called apps. Then, you put the app you want to use inside of that folder. For instance, if I wanted gecko os, my device would look like this:

ROOT/apps/gecko_os/boot.dol,icon.png, etc...

Does that make sense?
September 18, 2009 01:41AM
The USB2.0 cIOS is supported here. It is waninkokos fail that isn't. I believe the link to the installer is on the mplayer CE page.
September 18, 2009 02:14AM
TopGun96
The USB2.0 cIOS is supported here. It is waninkokos fail that isn't. I believe the link to the installer is on the mplayer CE page.
Oh, sorry. :P
I'm dumb. I don't use MPlayer or DVDx's functions very often...My bad.
September 18, 2009 02:52AM
No problem, but I can see your confusion.
September 18, 2009 07:09PM
there is no need for USB 2.0 cIOS for loading homebrew off usb, just set up the flash drive like the SD card (apps folder etc.) and dont have an apps folder on the inserted SD card, or dont have an SD Card in at all. then load HBC and it'll load stuff from USB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login