Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ok, updated to 4.2 and everything works except Mplayer CE won't play my DVD's

Posted by sploit 
Ok, updated to 4.2 and everything works except Mplayer CE won't play my DVD's
October 07, 2009 07:40PM
I used the Hack Mii installer to re-install the Homebrew Channel and Bootmii and DVDx after updating to the System menu 4.2...

However Mplayer CE will no longer play my DVD's...

At hackmii.com they posted this note...

"Note about DVDX enabled applications: Because of the new title ID, all current applications will fail to load DVDX. libogc needs additional code that checks for the new title ID. All DVDX enabled apps need to be recompiled afterwards."

Is this the problem I'm having? How do I fix it? Do I need to download more files?

Thanks
Re: Ok, updated to 4.2 and everything works except Mplayer CE won't play my DVD's
October 07, 2009 08:12PM
You have three options:

1. Wait for devs to fix (its not hard, but they probably wont do it until they're ready for another release anyway. Probably wont be too long)
2. Install the MPlayer cIOS (also known as USB2.0cIOS). This has DVDx built-in, and allows MPlayer CE to play DVDs without DVDx. To install it, you require an IOS with the trucha bug
3. Download the source and edit it, then compile it. If you already hav devkitPro installed, it should be pretty easy, but chances are you wont.

Those are your three options, from easiest to hardest.
Re: Ok, updated to 4.2 and everything works except Mplayer CE won't play my DVD's
October 08, 2009 12:13AM
SifJar
You have three options:

1. Wait for devs to fix (its not hard, but they probably wont do it until they're ready for another release anyway. Probably wont be too long)
2. Install the MPlayer cIOS (also known as USB2.0cIOS). This has DVDx built-in, and allows MPlayer CE to play DVDs without DVDx. To install it, you require an IOS with the trucha bug
3. Download the source and edit it, then compile it. If you already hav devkitPro installed, it should be pretty easy, but chances are you wont.

Those are your three options, from easiest to hardest.

or he can also use a old hackmii installer v3 or v4 test to install a old DVDx but wont work on system menu 4.2
October 09, 2009 02:14AM
And he has 4.2, so that doesn't help.
October 09, 2009 07:10AM
bummer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login