Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel installing help, please

Posted by QQQQ 
Homebrew Channel installing help, please
November 14, 2008 02:25PM
My Wii is 3.2E, no modifications and i've installed twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1 to it. twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3 does not work in it. ( When i gone to talk the man a white text with black backround not even occured and all motion in the screen stopped and nothing was heard from the speakers.) When i tried to install homebrew channel beta 8 to it (when twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1 installed) the white text with black backround scrolls itself, then it stopped saying something like:
"
FAT starts at sector 0x11F
/starts at sector 0x 1041
Reading boot.dol:
start cluster = 0003
start cluster = 0025
start cluster = 01ed
boot.dol not foud (-1) reading boot.elf
start cluster = 0003
start cluster = 0025
start cluster = 01ed
Found boot.elf!
done, Filesize is 1553474
Valid elf image detected

Exception 0300 occured
"
And after that text there is numbers and a few characters of the alphabet in a shape of eight rectangles .

What if i'll install The homebrew channel beat 9 to my wii ? Would it work ? And if i'll update my wii to 3.3E, should i install the homebrew channel beta 9 before or after updating?
Re: Homebrew Channel installing help, please
November 14, 2008 05:33PM
Yes, beta 9 would work. I recommend installing beta 9 before updating, running and then Wii Shop and IOS 51 installer as well as the starfall no disc update hack so that you get the homebrew channel installed and then don't ever have to update your wii.

If you've already updated, you can still install/update to beta 9.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 05:33PM by Arikado.
November 15, 2008 12:51PM
When i was installing Homebrew Channel beta 9 i did'nt installed it yet because of the text that said
"
I'm running under IOS34 4.15
I'll configure the Homebrew Channel to use IOS36
"
So who is it and what will happen if it configures it ? Do i need to install some IOS to my wii before Homebrew Channel installing and how ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2008 04:41PM by QQQQ.
November 20, 2008 02:18PM
It won't pick an IOS that you don't have. If the installer lets you install it, just install it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login