Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What can I do?

Posted by Crav 
What can I do?
October 25, 2009 09:32PM
Hey, I'm pretty new to the homebrew scene, and I'm hoping somebody a bit more experienced could help me figure out my options.

Here's my situation:
I've got an old busted wii with a multitude of hardware problems. It still runs, more or less, but it's dying, and it's warrenty is expired.
As luck would have it, I've recently gotten a great deal on a new, still in the box, second Wii, cheaper than it would have cost to send the old one in to be repaired.

Basicly I have a ton of games I bought and downloaded on the old wii, I'd like them on the new Wii. I tried to have my wii shopping account transfered to the new console and nintendo customer service has failed me in every regard (saying that there's no way to do it, or that I'd have to physicly send them the wii and pay for repairs, and other such blatent lies.)

So what can I do?
Is it possible to give my new Wii my old one's identity through homebrew, or will I have to use other more roundabout methods?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: What can I do?
October 25, 2009 09:41PM
You could, technically, use BootMii/IOS and Betwiin to copy everything from your old Wii to your new one. However, restoring NAND backups with BootMii/IOS is risky. (though, going against what most people say, it probably isn't any more risky than the 4.2 update)
October 26, 2009 12:10AM
You can use Savegame Extractor and Mii Extractor to dump all saves and Miis from the old Wii, and Savegame Installer and Mii Installer to install them on the new wii. You can also get wad dumpers and installers to transfer VC/WW games, but that sort of thing isnt supported here. As said above, you could use BootMii/IOS and betwiin, but that IS risky, you could end up bricking the new Wii.
October 26, 2009 10:57PM
How old is your new Wii? By the "great deal" it sounds like it can be old and if it's old enough you could install BootMii as boot2 and so whithout practically any chance of bricking use between as WikiFSX said. However, as WikiFSX said, it shouldn't too risky to restore your NAND with BootMii as IOS. However, if you would brick, you could take the consoles apart and switch NANDs with them. This should work, right, or am I missing something, here?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login