Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dear Nintendo,

Posted by pinball Wizard 
Dear Nintendo,
November 20, 2008 01:38AM
So nintendo has decided to screw us over one again with system 3.4. If you want to bite back at nintendo then join me in this: Get what games you want in homebrew and what you can't get there, get on another system. Don't buy another wii game until nintendo decides to free the system. I personally am not going to buy another game until nintendo gets there nose out of my system with auto-updates. I would rather take my business to sony than let them win this battle. Where is the FREE 3rd party development kit that was promised? Where is my freedom to use my purchased hardware the way I want? I may not own the software, only a license but I rightfully own my hardware. The sooner I can install a fresh NON-NINTENDO system the better. If you agree with me please post your own ideas towards it.
Re: Dear Nintendo,
November 20, 2008 02:00AM
Man... Laws are laws. It's unfair, but it's the life. Nintendo is trying to keep their money, and they want to protect themselves form piracy. Let's say homebrew was on the middle oh the bullet track... "Rebbellion" it's not my style, but if you want a free-to-develop system, try GP2X, because no other next-gen console have such advanced homebrew as Wii have.
November 20, 2008 02:16AM
I know the GP2X is awesome. What I am trying to get at is that if you boycott nintendo games and they suffer they will unlock. Boycotting a company is legal, and so is the aspect of at least what I use homebrew for.
November 20, 2008 03:48AM
In all honesty, I don't think it's unfair for Nintendo to try to protect their intellectual property.
We all want the HBC for different purposes and there are those who would use it to pirate games.
If everybody pirated games, there would be no incentive to make them so Nintendo is entitled to do their best to prevent this.
November 20, 2008 04:00AM
I completely agree about the not buying anymore Nintendo games for a couple reasons;
-WHY THE HELL WITH THEIR LAST UPDATE WOULD THEY DISALLOW US FROM LEGITIMATELY BUYING NEW GAMES IF WE DID NOT UPDATE!, luckily for Nintendo we got a work around for this, especially since pirates could simply just not update, this hurt homebrew not pirates!
-3rd party wii games are always slimmed down versions from the other systems, you would think the Nintendo would have put in some better hardware, the memory chips in the wii probably cost like 50c to make! I got a 360 controller, 512mb video card and 25" LCD monitor so I'm buying PC games so Nintendo doesn't get any royalties or whatever they get when 3rd parties make games for their system!
-The online for the wii is horrible considering the wii's hardware is pretty close to the OLD xbox and is 4 yrs newer. I expected way more overall with the wii and would have sold it the first month if it weren't for homebrew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 04:02AM by DrMario.
November 20, 2008 12:41PM
pinball Wizard
Where is the FREE 3rd party development kit that was promised? Where is my freedom to use my purchased hardware the way I want?

When and where did Nintendo promise a "FREE 3rd party development kit"?

Your freedom to use your purchased hardware the way you want is not hurt by Nintendo.
November 20, 2008 02:06PM
Calm the hell down. If you install their updates you agree to their rules. It's not like Microsoft or Sony are any better (Sony provides a "homebrew mode", but it's got graphics stuff mutilated).

This is a stupid rant thread.
November 20, 2008 02:58PM
If Nintendo sees a drop in sales from boycotting, they will assume it is because of a burst in game pirating, not from a bunch of legal homebrewers boycotting...

Then the adverse will happen: Nintendo, in their paranoia, will develop a massive system update to make "their" Wii rock solid which blocks out ALL Wiibrew...
November 20, 2008 07:05PM
pinball Wizard
if you boycott nintendo games and they suffer they will unlock.

Definitely not, because they won't suffer a bit. Nintendo own the casual market and they give a F**K about a handful of boycotting homebrew nerds. Simple as that. Wake up and get a life.
November 20, 2008 09:07PM
Neoprenanzug
pinball Wizard
if you boycott nintendo games and they suffer they will unlock.

Definitely not, because they won't suffer a bit. Nintendo own the casual market and they give a F**K about a handful of boycotting homebrew nerds. Simple as that. Wake up and get a life.
It's true. I bet we're about .01% of the market. They really really don't care. They just want to keep possible piracy from easily reaching the masses. A boycott faulting them for that is stupid imo.
November 20, 2008 09:19PM
what we really need to do is spam bomb and get mad at the ISO loaders that caused this...
November 20, 2008 10:51PM
I've had more than enough of this anti-nintendo bull shit floating around the internet
Who's the reason you own a Wii? Nintendo.

Nintendo is going to try to kill homebrew whether or not piracy is involved (however, it always is) for the simple reason that companies don't like it when you run unauthorized software on their console. However, the Wii also has a huge piracy problem which is making Nintendo work a little quicker. Emulators, WAD manager, and the backup launcher all can be used to pirate software.

And no, none of you are going to stop buying games. If you do stop buying games, you're either hurting yourself or you're pirating the games. And reason why, you're hurting the Wii you all seem to care so much about.

Grow up everyone! Team twiizers will release a new hack, the pirate coders will find a way to exploit it to bring back your beloved piracy (which is why most of you are compaining so much I'm sure). And then everything will be back to normal. If you don't like updates, then just protect yourself from them as there are more than a hundred ways to to do it.

So seriously, why are you all even wasting time ranting like this? Unplug yourself from the computer and go outside or something.
November 21, 2008 12:54AM
So I see this got out of hand please lock the thread. I do understand your views on the fact piracy is a main push on homebrew so Nintendo will reverse-act. I am now neutral on the idea.
November 21, 2008 03:47AM
doesn't the 360 and ps3 auto update? i've already preordered games so i'm not going to not pick them up, i already paid from them in full, and i'm sure Team Twiizers will find a work around soon. just don't update ur wii, i mean, is there really anything worth updating? i heard the updates are small and crap, or they try and block things like the twilight hack(3.3 IIRC) most people, that i've read on forums are mad at nintendo for their crappy updates and don't update at all.

for once i'm glad i don't have wi-fi
:)
November 21, 2008 11:48AM
lizard81288
doesn't the 360 and ps3 auto update?

The 360 does not update it's system software without user interaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 11:49AM by daniel_c_w.
November 23, 2008 06:06AM
...however, it does pretty much force you to update (not letting you use Live if you don't).
November 24, 2008 08:05AM
Auto-Update? Hasn't happened to me, I have Wi-Fi and I'm using WiiConnect24. The firmware I'm on is 3.2E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2008 08:17AM by Azza123.
November 24, 2008 05:13PM
You must update to 3.4 first, then they can update your wii.
November 24, 2008 09:33PM
As of now Auto-update hasn't happend to anyone, right?

(Or did Nintendo start Autoupdating and I missed it?)
November 25, 2008 12:33AM
Autoupdating is possible on 3.4 or higher. Nothing else. No autoupdates have happened yet.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.