Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Port :D

Posted by Link_of_Hyrule 
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Port :D
August 09, 2008 09:32AM

Yet another of my favorites that I would love to see a more capable person take on to make playable on Wii. WolfET :D anyways here is the source. Its a WWII FPS game and its completely online I use to have LAN parties and play this for hours with friends back in the day best part of the game is the maps are insanely modable anyways heres the source.

Source Code Download

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2008 09:32AM by Link_of_Hyrule.
Re: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Port :D
August 09, 2008 09:42AM
I can see why theres a seperate installer for the source code, it is fairly large... if I had the time i might but as it is thats a project for someone else, perhaps you would consider learning c and C++ as most of your ideas to port are made of one or the other languages.
August 09, 2008 09:49AM
Yes I know I really should try and learn C++ I've tried learning C# and I can kinda debug a bit and I can compile and modify stuff pretty easily (it most major languages i mean) I'm leaving on a mission for my church in a couple months so right now I don't have time to learn a new language but as soon as I get back I'm going to college to get my degree in computer science so I'm sure I'll be taking some sort of programming classes.
August 09, 2008 07:32PM
Can I just say this would be the greatest thing ever on wii. I don't know if it would be possible to port, because I don't know what the current networking situation is. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm talented enough to do a port :(
August 09, 2008 07:51PM
I'm sure its very possible I mean if we can transfer files and what not I don't see why it wouldn't be also theres already a few games that support online features (ie. uno i can't think of any others).
August 11, 2008 04:34AM
Sorry, but this is the "game" source code, not the full one.

(It's possible to hack the Quake 3 engine source and this one together, but I doubt anyone here would have the free time required)
August 11, 2008 05:16AM
thats too bad I would have been really great.
August 15, 2008 10:59PM
Sorry to double post. Not sure if this will help but here are a few things I found for anyone interested in try to take on this project
The map sources [www.splashdamage.com]
Wolf ET SDK [wiki.splashdamage.com]
Info on the engine and links to source [en.wikipedia.org]
August 29, 2008 09:26AM
Not trying to offend anyone, but if someone capable wanted to port this then they wouldn't need people posting random links that they think had something to do with programming. They can find most of what they need on their own, and if they can't they can ask.

But yeah, what eulan said, port Quake 3 first. Then we'll talk ET. (Doesn't anyone know that Call of Duty ran on the Quake 3 engine?? I personally liked both ET and CoD but I found it easier to like CoD :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login