Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Devkit help

Posted by strongfan 
Devkit help
November 27, 2008 01:06AM
Well, I've finally given in and am trying to install Devkit on my Ubuntu linux machine. I followed the tutorial until it says

edit ~/.bashrc and add

I can't find that file! It doesn't exist! Is there some kind of automated installer to do all that stuff for me? Thanks in advance.
Re: Devkit help
November 27, 2008 01:46AM
strongfan
Well, I've finally given in and am trying to install Devkit on my Ubuntu linux machine. I followed the tutorial until it says

edit ~/.bashrc and add

I can't find that file! It doesn't exist! Is there some kind of automated installer to do all that stuff for me? Thanks in advance.
touch ~/.bashrc
November 27, 2008 01:49AM
I typed "touch ~/.bashrc" into the terminal or nothing happened.

EDIT: okay. I got that fixed. But when I try to compile Hello World, it returns
terminal
template.c
/home/strongfan/Desktop/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-gekko-gcc: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
make[1]: *** [template.o] Error 2
make: *** [build] Error 2
strongfan@strongfan-desktop:~/Desktop/devkitpro/wii-examples/template$

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2008 02:11AM by strongfan.
November 27, 2008 06:25AM
That's a weird error. From the format of the first error message, it looks like gcc was being run as a shell script, instead of a binary executable.

To narrow things down, are you able to compile a simple program outside of make? For example, if you type this in at your shell prompt, do you get any errors:
echo "int foo() {}" > test.c
powerpc-gekko-gcc -c test.c
What version of make are you using ('make -v' to find out)? I'm using GNU make 3.81 from /usr/bin (type 'which make') in my install (CentOS 5.2).
November 27, 2008 02:46PM
I'm trying to compile Hello World.
And I'm running it in a terminal. That's the only way I know of to compile it(that's what the Tutorial uses)
November 27, 2008 03:52PM
Stupid question: did you installed make using repositories, or it was already installed? Maybe updating the app helps...
November 27, 2008 11:58PM
what app? I just did what the tutorial said. And I didn't do anything else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login