Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii won't load up without SD card? [4.2U Release Day Wii]

Posted by gameking66 
Bootmii won't load up without SD card? [4.2U Release Day Wii]
November 25, 2009 11:33PM
Greetings. I'm really new to the Wii homebrew scene (even though I've had my Wii since release day, never played it much aside from GH3). I got into modding this past weekend and I used a method of downgrading the IOS and re-enabling the Trucha bug. (I can't find the guide but I generally remember the direction the guide took me , started as clean 4.2U)

I read up for a while to confirm that these methods were tested and used and it appeared to be so. I looked around and found that the Wii now installed boot2v4 which runs on LU64+ Wii's. I didn't think much of this because I know the signing bug still exists in my boot1 (release date wii). So I proceeded to install everything, and now whenever I boot up if there's no SD card inserted it does not go into Bootmii. If there is an SD card Bootmii boots correctly. I tried installing both via IOS and via boot2 several times, and it seems to have succeeded. I'm wondering if this is an intended behavior of bootmii or if I fucked myself over by updating to 4.2U and it's boot2 update. I'm wondering because I started writing some homebrew for my Wii and have been messing around with it, and I'd like to be sure I can restore the NAND correctly in case it gets bricked with all my messing with it.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to contributing to this forum as much as I can.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 02:16AM by gameking66.
Re: Bootmii won't load up without SD card? [4.2U Release Day Wii]
November 25, 2009 11:40PM
That is not a bug. The bootmii files are written to the SD card, and if the SD card is not inserted, bootmii will not boot.

Oh, and for future reference, TBR and WADS aren't supported here.
Re: Bootmii won't load up without SD card? [4.2U Release Day Wii]
November 26, 2009 12:09AM
I assumed so. I take it if I brick my Wii I can restore it then since I can successfully boot with the SD card in.

Thanks for the information.

One more question: Since I'm using a release date Wii with the boot1 signing bug, I'll be able to ultimately get past any update to homebrew fixes given the proper amount of time for a release, correct?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login