Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[System menu] My wii Console have Wii Firmware 2.2u, should I update to use new twilight hack beta1 or 2 and HBC beta 9 or not?

Posted by WiiMOOn_n 
Hello, WiiMOOn_n, new since yesterday. Well I bought a Wii via ebay at 102.50 dollars, the wiii works very well and it have System Version 2.2U.

I already saw the Wii System Version Hystory, from here Wiibrew (by the way pretty cool webpage/wiki) an lastest is 3.4, I know I shouldn't update to that one because of some limitations.
But the 3.2 seems to me that doesn't change any comparability with the hombrews, I mean al l the stuff that work before, work now, right with 3.2 ?

I also want to ask if I can make the Twilight hack beta 1 for 3.3, to my 2.2U wii would still work?
Same thing but with the hombrew channel beta 9, would still work with my wii 2.2U?
I think I will update to 3.2 to use some of the games, and new stuff nintendo did.

I'm open for suggestions from veterans of the Wiibrew Scene, that's all.

Thanks
WiiMOOn_n

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 03:24PM by WiiMOOn_n.
You probably should update to 3.2, as that is the latest System Menu that does not attempt to block Homebrew, and it is usually sufficient to run most games. I'm not sure of the compatibility of the Homebrew Channel with 2.2, so I can't really help you there. But there is no problem trying. If you do try, use beta1, because beta2 is just for 3.4 users (don't go to 3.4 though)
You should also try to not go to 3.3, as it does block some things.

Have fun!
Ok, Just what I wanted to hear!
Thanks

Another thing, My wii doesn't read my SDHC 8gb, I think wii only accepts 2gb...
and 4gb with some dummy hack in the SD, but not sure for SDHC.

Ohh well I better return this Peace of crap SDHC of 8gb, so cheap (24.50) in Radio Shack and for I really wanted it doesn't work! Its really hard to return such good size at cheap prize but low compatibility (just work on some pc's, video Cameras and barely MP3's)

I think I'll buy 3 Hp of 2gb SD Secure Data at 25.99 in Cotsco, but I'm not sure if those from HP work in my wii (or any Wii), You think those 3 HP SD 2gb are formated in Fat 16, I mean most of the SD are formated like that... 3 2GB HP SD Secure Data cheap price at cotsco

I want to know if to use the twilight Hack to my wii I need a Zelda:Twilight Princess save Data already complete or I just need one that I started and do not complete, just with the purpose of doing the hack itself.

O well I think I'm asking too much, thanks for everything.
Hope someone answer my random questions, I'm a Novice at this, Noob, no, I actually know what I'm talking about, sort a lol

Thanks,
WiiMOOn_n
Only the HBC and a few specific other apps can read SDHC, but not the nintendo-based part of the wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login