Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should I install Preloader and How?

Posted by elmoreas 
Should I install Preloader and How?
December 10, 2009 07:19PM
I have a Wii running system menu v4.2 with all unmodified IOSes, and HBC installed using bannerbomb and hackmii. I just bought a savemii dongle, and did a NAND backup even though I cannot install Bootmii as boot2, it is an IOS, so I may have modded my IOS after all. Anyways I want to protect my system more by installing preloader, IF it is a good idea. So my first question is, is preloader a good thing to have installed? Second after it is installed will I be able to use Dop-IOS MOD to Mod IOS 36 with patch so Gecko OS 1.9.3 will run WiiWare/VC cheats again (and for only this reason as I DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY OF ANY KIND PERIOD!!!) ? Third if it is a good idea and I can patch IOS 36 afterwards how do I get the certs.bin file for the data directory for the compilation of preloader? Fourth and finally How do I compile and install preloader (step by step would be greatly appreciated)? Let me say this, I am a newb now but I am learning fast and the reason I am doing all this is because I bought a USB Gecko and I intend to start learning how to make codes for both Wii and WiiWare/VC games. I have experience doing this on a PC so hopefully I will be able to contribute to the Wii community soon. After I get codes down I plan to start making programs/channels, though that is a ways off right now. My point is I am serious about this, I work from home running a store out of my house so I have tons of free time to work on coding so anyone who helps me will be helping the community in the long run as I will be better able to contribute with a Wii that is better protected. Thank you for your time and thanks in advance to those who choose to help me on this. Have a good holidays.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

EDIT: P.S.- If you need more information to answer this question please just ask and I will do my best to provide the information ASAP. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 08:33PM by elmoreas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login