Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting Boot2 vulnerability back...

Posted by elmoreas 
Getting Boot2 vulnerability back...
December 11, 2009 06:32PM
Since I am not getting any responses to my posts either people don't know, don't want to help, or its against the rules, could someone at least make a comment on this post, stating if I am breaking the rules so I can stop if I am, thanks. I used TBR and got trucha back on IOS 36, what I am wondering now is if it is possible to get the boot2 vulnerability back? If so what app should I run and what IOS should I install it on for a v4.2 system on IOS 60 with HBC on IOS 61, so if my Wii bricks I can boot with Bootmii to HBC and flash my NAND with the backup I made before modding anything? Thanks in advance to those who choose to help. Have a happy holidays.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
Re: Getting Boot2 vulnerability back...
December 11, 2009 07:55PM
The problem is boot1 vulnerability, not boot2.

And no, you cannot get vulnerability back. It is impossible to change boot1, because its hash is stored in OTP (One Time Programmable memory), which as the name suggests can't be changed, and is checked by boot0. If it doesnt match, it wont boot. i.e. if you change boot1 at all, it'll brick the Wii.
December 11, 2009 08:01PM
dang, thanks for the info
December 11, 2009 08:12PM
Sorry to disappoint you :(
December 11, 2009 08:20PM
It's also not possible to lose the boot1 vulnerability either. If you have it, you have it. 4.2 will not remove it, only boot2 BootMii - which you can just reinstall.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login