Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just a question about upgrading

Posted by JesterGrafix 
Just a question about upgrading
January 11, 2010 02:52AM
Hello. I have 3.2U and the homebrew channel that i did a long time ago (over a year ago) with the Twilight Hack. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to try to upgrade the Wii system to 4.2 (or possibly newer), format the Wii and put the Banner Bomb ack on ther Wii so that everything will be up to date? Thanks for any input :)
Re: Just a question about upgrading
January 11, 2010 03:34AM
I would download and install the latest HBC and then upgrade to 4.2

that way you won't have to redo any hack (banner bomb) and you'll be up to date

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2010 03:35AM by mdbrim.
January 11, 2010 05:10AM
Before you do so, however, install the latest IOS36 with all patches using Dop-IOS MOD. That way, you will still be able to get the most out of homebrew.
January 11, 2010 09:59PM
there is nothing newer than 4.2 and there is no need to EVER format your Wii, it never solves problems (at least I know of situation where it would help)
January 12, 2010 05:31AM
Thanks a lot guys! I was wondering about Hack Mii also, After I installed all my stuff I was reading some stuff and I am not sure that i have it installed correctly. Is there a way to remove it and then reinstall it the "better" way so that I know it will work. I will check out Dop-IOS MOD also for installing the new ios. Thanks again everyone for the quick and helpful responses :)

Also I just remembered, do you thing that its a good idea to update the system menu to 4.2 or are there just some things like Homerbrew channel and ios that I should update? Hate to sound so noobish but its been a while since I have messed with the wii as I have not had any time until recently to to get back into it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2010 05:37AM by JesterGrafix.
January 12, 2010 11:00AM
I'd upgrade to 4.2 I think. But there is no "better" way to install stuff with the HackMii Installer. Provided you ran the HackMii Installer, and installed everything, you have done all required and everything will work fine. What "better way" have you found?
January 14, 2010 08:01PM
Not really sure, it just seems like i read somewhere about there being two different ways to install it and I did the way that was not really recommended. Is there a way that can ensure that it is working?
January 14, 2010 08:49PM
if you can load HBC and run homebrew from it, its working. simple as that.
January 14, 2010 09:09PM
In fact, if you install the HBC without using the HackMii Installer, it can detect that and will do goofy things (like flip itself upside down).
January 14, 2010 11:30PM
Cool thanks guys, I am super glad I found this place :) It was bootmii that I was talking about, i do not remember but i dont think i installed it as boot2, I think i did ios install.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2010 11:32PM by JesterGrafix.
January 26, 2010 12:16AM
I'm in the same boat as Jester. I have homebrew beta 9 i believe and i softmoded with the twilight hack. I opend the homebrew channel and it asked to update, but the update fails. Is there instructions on how to update the channel from a pc, and is it ok to go from beta 9 to 4.2?

Is "IOS36 with all patches using Dop-IOS MOD" wii updates?. Also no clue if i need banner bomb or hackmii since i'm already softmodded.

Sorry it's been a very long time. I've come back to research and feel like a total noob.
thanks
dm
January 29, 2010 04:23PM
dmiller40:
Launch the latest hackmii installer from the homebrew channel a if it were an application. From there, update your homebrew channel, DVDX, and/or bootmii.
January 29, 2010 06:23PM
Arikado:

I have ran the hackmii and updated HBC and DVDX. My next step is update wii from wii menu? After that will I need to do anything to get HBC working again?

thanks for the help.
dm
January 29, 2010 06:41PM
dmiller40:
If you just update your wii normally your hbc and dvdx will be fine afterward. So yes, you're good to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 06:41PM by Arikado.
January 29, 2010 07:16PM
Thanks Arikado!

dm
January 31, 2010 02:30AM
So it doesn't look like i can install wad's. I can get the wad manager to load but it won't install anything. Keep getting an error -2011, which looks like IOS problems. Is this where trucha bug comes in?

thanks
dm
January 31, 2010 02:31AM
Or can i use something like patchmii?
January 31, 2010 03:22AM
dmiller40
So it doesn't look like i can install wad's. I can get the wad manager to load but it won't install anything. Keep getting an error -2011, which looks like IOS problems. Is this where trucha bug comes in?
thanks
dm
WADs are not supported here
January 31, 2010 04:22AM
Nor are patched system IOSes - WikiFSX, this is your warning. Patching system stuff is always a bad idea.
January 31, 2010 04:32AM
Sorry didn't know wad's weren't supported here. Thanks for the help.
dm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login